Sunday Stealing: The Meme From Suburbia
1. What were you doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago today? Good God and Holy Moses! I can't even remember what I wore yesterday... let alone what I was doing ten years ago? SHEESH!
OK, ten years ago, I was working as a paralegal in Dallas for one of the best attorneys I know. That's the extent of what I remember. I miss working... not the commute but definitely the feeling of accomplishment... getting something done... meeting new clients... being someone's "everything" and running the show. Was an amazing feeling. Yeah... don't have that so much anymore. Thanks for the build up there on the self esteem.... I appreciate it... hater!
2. By this time next year, I ...will have a potty trained three-year-old!
3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing? I could care less if it's a male or female. I only want it to be someone who is concerned about our country... its economy... terrorism... and leave the social agendas to the states to settle themselves. Abortion shouldn't be on the federal platform. Gay marriage shouldn't BE on the federal platform. Reducing debt and making it UNCOMFORTABLE for those who are CAPABLE of gainful employment to continue to accept handouts from Uncle Sam. Someone who is on the SIDE of business and not against taxpayers. Someone who would, perhaps, entertain the thought of a flat tax so that everyone --- EVERYONE pays a fair share. Someone who realizes that "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness..." doesn't necessarily mean that you get housing, a cell phone, health insurance, food, etc. I want someone -- male OR female who will work for the greater good -- not the greater good of those not working!
4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime? I don't watch telelvision. But, I would have to say...Dr. Noah Drake from General Hospital... a.k.a. Rick Springfield. :) SWOON!
5. Who is your greatest enemy? Myself. It's true. I am my WORST critic, antagnoist, cynic, devil, opponent...
6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles? Road trip with the hubster from our home in Texas to Oklahoma City, OK, to see George Strait perform at his "Cowboy Rides Away" farewell tour. It was a fantastic show. I got a new lid! Oh, and for the record -- No man can match him in a pair of Wranglers!
7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? OOOOH this is an EVIL question! I'm a total word nerd and LOVE learning new words and uses for words that I may have forgotten. I will say the dictionary... because the app on my phone includes the thesaurus! Ha!
8. Do you have a nickname? What is it? Most often it's "Mooooooooooooooommmmmm!" My friends call me "Ape" or "Apester". But, you know, I've answered to, "Mrs. Josh's mom," too. LOL
9. What are you dreading at the moment? At this very instant... waking up a two-year-old that is sick who didn't go DOWN for a nap until 3pm so that he will actually sleep TONIGHT when he is supposed to. Dreading waking him up because he is going to be a real... um... sweet AAAAANGEL of a toddler when I do.
10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers? Absolutely not. I could care less what anyone thinks of me. I am ME. Period.
11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not? Absolutely not. I would, however, try it on because sizes really mean nothing for the most part because I can currently wear a size 8 to a 12. This really says it all for what I tend to run into... I hate shopping.
12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about? Too much really. I have high expectations for my boys and my family... and myself. I like the toothpaste squeezed from the bottom (Drew frequently uses mine and TWISTS the entire friggin' tube!) They even have a disclaimer ON THE TUBE to squeeze from the bottom! I don't like anyone using MY bar of soap. I don't like people sampling when I'm trying to cook -- UNLESS they're helping. If you're not helping... GTFO! I want the groceries loaded into the pantry in a certain way so that I know where things are. It all is complete common sense, but apparently it's also an anal retentive thing...
13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today? I can't say that any one book influenced me over another. I was (and still am) an avid reader. I read many books time and time again... and I still love and appreciate the books of times past when things were simpler yet harder (less automation/electricity) and more about family than "stuff."
14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with? Betty White! She's freakin' AWESOME!
15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price? Q-tips. You just can't buy anything BUT that specific brand. They're all inferior and disgusting. Pantyliners and pads are the same as well. (I'm sure you weren't expecting me to go there were ya?) SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE! (You have to be "of age" to even understand that last remark...and know the photo.)
16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa? What do you mean? I mean.. he comes to my house every year?! Are you saying there IS NO SANTA? You must get coal! Poor pathetic soul!
17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail? I'm a mom of three boys. There really isn't much that turns my stomach. I do not, however, like the smell of a decomp. (Decomposing human.) Those are quite disgusting.
18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you? Of course, I have the nose of a bloodhound. It's a blessing and a curse. Now...if I could just be this dern cute! Look at that face?!?! And those EARS!
19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing? Going to the gym and the bank.
20. What is the most used item in your home? The toilet. Duh!