Pages

Friday, December 9, 2005

The Bruise Brothers

That is going to be the title of my next page. I think the reason we parents go grey is taht yes, we have had to learn the hard way because we didn't listen to our parents. And then you just have to sit back and watch this vicious cycle repeat itself before your very eyes. It's insanity! I can't tell you how many times I've told Josh over the last year... QUIT JUMPING ON THE FURNITURE... don't run and jump on the furniture... get off the furniture... your feet don't belong on the furniture. Get the point? Well, he opened the gate and RAN to the chair ...and jumped on it only missing it and head planting RIGHT INTO the granite countertop. Can you guess who won? Josh vs. a granite countertop... well, I checked the counter... not a scratch. Josh, however, looked like a cyclops! He shed a few tears and honestly... being in the most bizarre mood, I couldn't muster up an ounce of compassion. I had to laugh. I went and stood in the laundry room and laughed (after he quit crying) because you want to whack them in the noggin and say I TOLD YOU SO...but you are supposed to be there for them when they fall... to try to catch them. But it's like... NOW do you see why we PREACH to you not to run and jump on the furniture? Hopefully it's a lesson learned. But now Josh and Drew can be known collectively as the bruise brothers.

No comments: