Saturday, December 27, 2014
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! Saturday 9: Marshmallow World (1963) Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1. This song likens fluffy clouds to marshmallows. What does the sky look like where you are today? What sky? There is nothing but clouds and they sure don't look marshmallow-y. It looks like London fog!
2. The lyrics refer to snowballs. Have you ever been in a snowball fight? Absolutely. I love the snow!
3. Chionophobia is fear of snow. What phobias do you have? I have a fear of.... well, I'm not sure I'm actually AFRAID of anything to be honest.
4. In 2004, Canadian school children raised money for charity by setting a new world record: the most snow angels made in 24-hour period. Have you ever participated in a fundraising stunt? Not that I'm aware of.
5. When marshmallows were first introduced, they were used for medicinal purposes. Specifically to soothe sore throats. What do you take when your throat is bothering you? I take out my Young Living Essential Oils and my local honey. On a teaspoon, I put 1 drop of Thieves, 1 drop of orange, 1 drop of lemon, I drop of peppermint, and 1 drop of frankincense. I cover that completely with local honey... stir just a bit with a toothpick to incorporate the oils better and swallow. Cough suppressant, opens nasal passages and soothes sore throats.
6. Marshmallows are an important ingredient in the Rice Krispies Treat recipe. If you were asked to prepare something for a bake sale, what would you make? I would bake my Paradise Bakery Copycat Sugar Cookie recipe... it was given on my Instagram account a couple of days ago. They're THE BOMB!
7. Darlene played Danny Glover's wife in the Lethal Weapon movies. Do you enjoy action movies? Absolutely!
8. Darlene's father advised her to always, "shoot for the stars." Share some good advice you've received. My mom has had a few doozies.... hands me a quarter and says, "Keep this between your knees, use it to call home if you need me to come get you."
9. Will you be returning/have you returned any holiday gifts? Returning, no. Unless the two flannels Andy got me don't fit, but I haven't tried them on yet. I'm a little "chesty" so it's hard to buy a shirt for me that fits.... hate the boobage. Ain't afraid to admit it.