Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Favorite Movies

I'm eventually going to get to this page in my Book of Me that I'm creating so I thought to myself, "Hey self, you need to keep an ongoing list somewhere of your favorites." So tonight, I'm starting with my favorite movies.

I've been exchanging e-mails with a friend of mine in Colorado Springs... and thought, why not... and I'd love to know what some of yours are too! :)

These are some of my favorite movies in no particular order.

Open Range
American Beauty
Seven
So I Married An Axe Murderer (LOVE this movie)
The Princess Bride (as you wish)
Gladiator (there was no woman that didn't want to shag R.C. after that!)
Saving Private Ryan
American History X
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Braveheart
Something's Gotta Give (Jack is BRILLIANT in THIS too!)
Along Came Polly
Liar, Liar
As Good As It Gets (Jack is BRILLIANT in this)
Billy Madison
Rush Hour (I love Chris Tucker..."do you understand the words coming outta my mouf?)
The Waterboy
Never Been Kissed (this is just such a sweet movie)
Dances with Wolves
50 First Dates
House Sitter - (Steve Martin is genius with Goldie)
Grumpy Old Men (I love the paring of those two together)
Happy Gilmore
Dangerous Liasions (LOVE this movie! LOVE LOVE LOVE it)
Toombstone
The Wedding Singer (this is the best sound track -- love his quote - get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up)
Army of Darkness (it's just stupid, cultish, and hilarious!)
While You Were Sleeping
French Kiss
The Rock (Nick Cage is awesome in this - I can quote so much of it I'd probably be annoying to watch it with!)
Hamlet (the Mel Gibson version)
True Lies (there's no woman that didnt want Jamie's body in that strip scene!)
Nine and a Half Weeks (too sexy!)
The Sound of Music
Maverick (yes, I do like Westerns...)
Pretty In Pink
The Breakfast Club
The Indiana Jones Trilogy
Goodfellas (who doesn't love a good gangster movie)
Palmetto (very sexy)
Jerry Maguire (even though he's a freak)
The Matrix
My Cousin Vinny ("Yeah, you blend" LOVE Marissa Tomei in this)
The Notebook
Clueless (because, like, you know, oh my god)
When Harry Met Sally
Back to the Future (I love the trilogy... it's just fun to watch - corny but fun)
Dumb & Dumber
Dirty Dancing (of course) ha ha.. nobody puts baby in a corner!
Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Groundhog Day (this movie used to drive me nuts but I love it now)
Lethal Weapon (who doesn't like that movie?)
I love the James Bond movies as well... Pierce is sexy!
Mississippi Burning
Spies Like Us (Chevy Chase was a whole other genre of comedy)
Die Hard (Yippie Kai Yea... M.F.)
Little Women

And the creepy ones even....
Alien was fantastic

And the old classics....
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Gone with the Wind
Wizard of Oz


And hey, I've got kids and I really DO love their movies too!
I love...

The Incredibles
Finding Nemo
The Polar Express
Mary Poppins
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Night at the Museum
Toy Story I and II
The Secret of Nimh
Shrek
Monsters, Inc.



No comments: