Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gowns aren't just for the ball

I'm sitting in Room 10 of the pre-op rooms with Andy. He's about to undergo hernia and exploratory surgery. When we got in here, the surgery was scheduled for 12:30 p.m. but they came in about 12:25 to let us know that it was moved to 1:30 p.m.

And he had to put on the gown. You know the one. The backless gown that comes in unflattering colors, patterns with snaps on either shoulder. The gown that NO one looks good in. Yeah, "the gown."

He's laying on the bed that's too short for his long legs smiling at me while I click away at the keyboard... he has no idea I'm laying here laughing at him.... in a dress... with his butt hanging out. I think, in fact, right now, he may be mooning an entire parking lot.

We arrived at 10:30 a.m. and came straight to the room.... and have been sitting here ever since. I've read a book that Josh was to read over the summer called Among the Hidden about a government (in the US) that is out of control with rules and regulations. About how they've established a rule that you can have no more than two children and Luke is a third child. A child that has to stay completely hidden... it's about his story (or the beginning of it) and his desire to be free. It's a 4th-7th grade reading level... an easy read. I did it in about two hours. Good book for your children. I downloaded it from the Kindle app on the laptop for $6.

Now, I'm sitting here thinking, hmmm... I'm ready for lunch. I shouldn't talk of food, however, since Andy hasn't even had so much as a drink this morning since 7:30 a.m.

And, I just made fish lips. Aren't I just a barrel of monkeys?

No comments: