Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday 9 - The End of Innocence

It's time again for --- drumroll please... the Saturday 9.  This weeks' topic:  The End of Innocence




1) "The End of the Innocence" is one of Crazy Sam's favorite songs. Do you like it? Loathe it? Or is it before your time? Being a huge fan of Don Henley, I love it.  I think everyone longs for the nostalgia of the years gone by -- I know I certainly do.

2) Obviously Don Henley was a smoker back in the 1980s. Do you smoke? Are you a former smoker? Or did you never start? I do not smoke.  I have never smoked.  I think it's disgusting... it makes your breath smell.  It makes your teeth yellow.  It makes your clothes and hair drenched in the wretched stench of smoke.  I dislike going to clubs for the very thought of leaving there smelling like an ashtray.  

3) Childhood is generally considered an innocent time. In what town did you spend yours? Irving, Texas.

4) Do you abide by "innocent until proven guilty?" Or did you come to your own, pre-trial conclusions about famous defendants like Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson? I feel that everyone is entitled to their opinions.  Everyone -- even the litigators -- have their opinions.  I've been in the legal field.  It's a game.  By law, they have to act out the whole "innocent until proven guilty" concept... what I hate is the fact that damning evidence can be lost on a technicality.  As such, I believe that the judicial system is a complete freakin' joke.  OJ was guilty.  I don't care what anyone says.  Casey Anthony -- to be honest -- I didn't follow one iota of that trial so I never had an opinion.

5) Is there an old TV show whose cast you'd like to see reunite? Nope.  Tv sucks.

6) Do you know how to ride a horse? Absolutely.

7) You're ordering ice cream. Cup or cone? Cone. 

8) Do you believe a gentleman should help a lady with her coat?  Hmmm... I honestly never really thought of that.  I guess if he's looking for some brownie points, sure.  But otherwise, a woman should be quite able to handle her own dressing of outerwear.  Perhaps if he's bringing her the coat he can just help her into it but ??? I don't know.  I am usually too busy helping little people with things that I just grab mine and generally don't even worry about it.  

9) Which search engine do you use most often? Dogpile or Google.  

1 comment:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ohhh I agree love that song and him!

I'm the same with smoking, I was so happy they band it in clubs here. I hated coming home and have to take a shower and wash my clothes asap.