Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Oh the joys of boys

Well, that's not all true and not all about boys. Drew is into EVERYTHING right now... the drawers, my make-up drawer in the bathroom, the cabinets, the bowls, the dryer, the dog bed, the toilet, the bathtub (fell in -- it was empty), you name it -- he's in it.

He's a bundle of energy too. He loves to be outside to pick up any leaves that may have fallen to the ground, dead earthworms, rocks that need to be washed off (in his mouth). He loves the outdoors. He's started saying Josh too. It's so cute to hear him say that. And socks.... anything that goes on his feet or that can go over his feet are socks.... it could be shoes, socks, booties, slippers, pants, pajamas, if they go on the feet -- they are socks. Got it? Are we clear on that?

Right now, he's fighting nap time because I'm sure there is something ultra interesting that he's going to miss and I'm trying to find (well, ok, not right this minute) a recipe to make mini meatloaves in my pampered chef stoneware baking mini loaf pan. I think it'd be pretty cool to have several small ones that cook faster than one momba-gomba one. Isn't that just a gross word -- meat - loaf. A loaf of meat. Sounds rather appetizing? BARF! lol...

I totally caved on my diet last night as we went to Red Lobster... oh the lobster/crab stuffed mushrooms topped with ooey-gooey melted cheese and sitting in a butter bath, oh the cheddar bay biscuits, oh the popcorn shrimp with tartar sauce. I did opt for the steamed veggies in lieu of a loaded baked potato and I only at 1/2 of a biscuit. I ate all the veggies and all my salad...only drank water and no dessert. :) It's been so long since I had a real meal so that was nice! :) Now back to my tofu, bark and rabbit food. Oh what joy dieting is to the pallate... it just sucks all the joy out of eating. I cook these wonderful meals that smell so wonderful throughout the entire house and I sit down with a big salad.. blech. BUT if it works, that's the best part! :)

Tomorrow I'm supposed to start back at the gym... I need dto wish myself luck and probably get into bed by like now to get up at 5:30 am. Blech. I hate exercise ... especially when I should be sleeping. Hopefully it'll just be a quick routine to get used to and then I'll be back in shape in no time! :)

No comments: