Pages

Friday, January 27, 2006

The search is on - Tender Moments - Great Day

Yes...an entry that's a triple threat! It's about Drew... Josh... AND Me -- Oh MY!

The search is on for a preschool for Drew. Man alive is finding a preschool hard! Do you want a faith-based lesson plan... montessori... do you like the curriculum... do the teachers seem nice... do all the kids have snotty noses... is there a place for them to play indoors if the weather is not nice (yes, it DOES get hot here in Texas in the summer). There are so many questions to answer! UGH! Some are way expensive... some are 5 days per week... some are 2 days per week... some are 3 days per week... how many kids per teacher... will Drew be eating real food by the time it is supposed to happen? (No.. he's not THERE YET!) I know that God will lead me to the right path for this little guy of his that I'm taking care of. Honestly, it's not the money, it's the type of environment... curriculum and staff all in one. I know that I'll get that "good feeling" when I find the right place. I'm almost sure I already have but we'll still have to wait and see.

Josh... He and I were channel surfing tonight and I stopped on a channel where they were having a one-hour pledge drive for St. Jude's Children's hospital. There was a story about a little boy... cute as can be undergoing chemo. It showed his father talking about how each day really is a gift. How he knows that his son is terminal...that the brain tumor will come back although his chemo sessions were over but that he had fought the good fight... how he sees his son not worried about it because he just is enjoying life and wearing a big smile... so he said that he was going to enjoy life and wear a big smile just for his son... until the day he took his last breath... that last breath came a short six months later when he died in his dad's arms. Josh just broke down. The reality of death hit him that it is such a sad thing for those left behind. I tried to comfort him as best I could and explained to him that while it is sad that he's with Jesus and he's not sick anymore. How he didn't have to be poked with needles... no chemo treatments to make him sick... how he was healed completely now and while it is sad that he's not here with his family... they'll be together some day. It's so sad to know that in life he will have to experience grief. As a parent, we spend our lives trying to protect them... and then to have something totoally out of our hands that we can't just "fix"... I just can't imagine.

Today was a good day. I'm trying to get my life in order to have a fun little "home school" area for my little Drew and also for Josh to use on the days we do bible study at home. :) Gotta find a good curriculum to follow since he'll be in a public school next year so that I can still keep this as a main focus in his heart.

I'm off to bed! :)

No comments: