Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Bring on 2012!

Is it odd that I find no reason to get all gussied up, go out and celebrate all night only to hate myself the next morning? It's a new year. Whoopie. I don't know. I'm not much of a partier. I'm definitely not a drinker. The idea of using this night as an excuse to over-indulge is ridiculous (in my book.) Therefore, my night was spent... at home... warm... cozy... and I didn't even make it til midnight.

Josh had his friend, Jake, come over to spend the night.

I made a spread of snacks -- meatballs, cheese tray, queso, summer sausage, grapes, cream cheese & pepper jelly with crackers, deviled eggs. We noshed well.

Drew made it to about 10:45 p.m. What a party animal, huh?

Don't judge. I'm not much better. Yup. I made it to about 11:15 p.m.

Andy did come wake me up and say, "Happy New Year." I'm not sure I even responded but if not, "Happy New Year, Andy!"

Hey, Benji didn't make it either! Plus, I'm the one that has to get up with him at 7am.

My night did go out with a bang, however. Benji -- before being whisked up to bed for being downright ornery -- decided to take out my favorite hurricane globe full of mini Christmas balls that I had on display. Grrrrr. I'm so ready for this stage to be over with I can't even see straight!

I was up with Benji at 7:15 am and made bacon and waffles for the crew. With it being the new year, I'm back on my eating plan to lose the last 15 pounds. Crazy to say it but I actually missed eating well. I looked forward to my salads. I loved my yogurt and fruit each day. It worked for me. It kept me normal on the inside. I just need to learn to make more of the meals for the entire family than to be content eating from a box.

Josh spent the first day of his new year at the Keller Pointe with Jake and then at the movies seeing the newest Mission Impossible. (Does anyone else but me get side tracked with a celebrity's political stance or personal life and that affect your opinion of them? Tom Cruise is an absolute freak... he's mental. That makes me not want to see him in the movies. I dunno. Weird. I know I am.)

So, in all the nostalgia to reminisce about specifics of the old year -- I'm not. The Cliff's Notes version is that:

  • It's been a year of lost life-long friends (no, they didn't die, just chose not to be my friend any longer.)
  • It's been a year of reconnections with people that I'm so thankful for.
  • It's been a year of firsts (Benji walking, talking, feeding himself, growing like a weed).
  • It's been a year of lasts (no more little people)
  • It's been a year of toleration -- we got Moose. Nuff said.
  • It's a year of new times -- 6th grade, 1st grade, preschool, Oklahoma with the boys.
  • It's been a year of change -- lost weight, grown hair, colored hair, arthritis diagnosis, getting "fixed".
  • It's been a year of love.
  • It's been a year of comfort.
  • It's been a year of stress (Benji... sorry, kid, it's the truth!)
All in all however, I'd say it's been a good year. Yet, it's one I'm quite ready to leave behind.

No comments: