Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Stealing - The Scary Meme

3d-spooky-halloween-screensaver-13
It's time for a very spooky Halloween edition of Sunday Stealing! They're taking a break from our 100 questions this weekend, and get into the spirit. Muhahahaha Are you going to be Trick-or-treating this Wednesday? Turn out the lights, light a candle… Cause here we go!


1) What do you think is the best costume for Halloween? I've seen several that were very clever.  Personally, I am more about the quality costumes than the cheap-o store bought ones.  However, my friend Laurie was eight months pregnant one Halloween and went as a nun.  I thought that was hilarious.  I saw a woman dressed as a pumpkin and her husband had on a sweatshirt that said "Peter Peter."  Again, quite clever.  My favorite costumes I've ever seen were at the Boo at the Zoo at the Fort Worth Zoo with this one family.  Dad was Frankenstein, Mom was the Bride of Frankenstein and their son was Igor.  It was AWESOME.  Their costumes and make up were top of the line!  

 2) What would an alien think of humans if it came to Earth on Halloween? Let's overthink this, shall we?  If there is a superior intelligent life form i'm going to assume, then, that it has been studying us, our kind and our planet... not just sending an arbitrary probe craft hoping that it intercepts "life" somewhere.  Therefore, as such, it would already be aware of our holidays and customs.  Unless said alien went to some third-world country where such festivities were not celebrated.  We can't just assume that it would end up in North America where the holiday is probably most popular. 

 3) Who would you haunt? Man, that's a great question... I think it's safer to say whom WOULDN'T I haunt?  I would LOVE the opportunity to mess with people... you know the whole idea of being the responsible party for things that go "bump" in the night.  However, spending your eternity in a perpetual state of "haunt" hardly seems like a fun way to endure.  I think I'd rather just die and be done with it.  

 4) Are you afraid of the dark? Only if I've just watched a creepy movie... 

 5) Do you pass out candy, or hide with the lights off? Typically, I'm out trick-or-treating with my middle kiddo.  I may pass off that duty to the oldest this year since it's on a school night.  I'm not sure how it will play out yet since he really has no interest in trick-or-treating anymore.

 6) What Scary movie do you like best? I'm not sure to be honest.  30 Days of Night is truly one of, if not, the best vampire horror movies I've ever seen.  However, this asks which one I "like"... so that would probably be the answer since it's my initial reaction.  

 7) If you had to wear a costume for a week, what would you be?  I like the idea of being a housewife... .slippers, bathrobe, pajamas, shower cap.... I could totally pull that off... and be completely comfy!  Ha!  Or I could be a lumberjack --- boots, jeans, flannel!  

 8) What do you think about Ouija boards? They're absolutely the most stupid, idiotic, ridiculous piece of "spiritual paraphernalia" on the market... I put it right up there with Tarot cards, fortune tellers and reading tea leaves.  Hell, I'd put more stock in Dionne Warwick's Psychic Friends Network than I would in an Ouija board.

 9) Have you ever told ghost stories around a fire? Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle?

 10) Trick? or Treat? ...clearly it would be dependent upon who is dishing them out... 

 11) Have you ever been in a haunted house? There is a family rumor that my grandmother's house was haunted by a little boy -- 5-6 years old who died there.  I never saw him but I did stay at her house.  Does that constitute a "haunted" house?  I don't know, but I did stay there.

 12) What would you do if you saw a ghost? Honestly, I'm not 100% sure.  Why am I not sure?  Well, since I've never SEEN a ghost, I'm not certain that I would BELIEVE that it WERE a ghost in the first place.  I would probably try to completely discount and debunk whatever it was that I saw.

 13) Question 13, should we have skipped this and jumped to 14? Only if you're truly superstitious.  I am not... in the least bit... one iota... superstitious   

 14) Are you brave enough to walk into a grave yard after dark on Halloween? I don't think that would constitute bravery... unless it's just whether or not you want to be stupid enough to risk going to jail for trespassing.  However, assuming arrest is out of the question, yes, I would not have an issue whatsoever with walking through a graveyard after dark on Halloween, or any other evening...so long as I had a light source in order to not trip over gravestones -- I'd like my teeth to stay in my mouth, you see.

15) Do you like chocolate? what kind?  Yes.  Dark.  MMMMMmmmmm...

16) Who would look better in a clown costume? Obama or Romney? Well, one is already a clown and he has been running our country as if it's his own three-ring-circus, so giving him the costume would only be appropriate. GO ROMNEY!

17) Are you in the path of Frankenstorm? No... but I do have family in Boston and friends in New York.

18) Post a link to any other blog:  This is a link to a dear friend of mine who is a published author and is MOST entertaining!  http://valeriekingbooks.com/

6 comments:

katie eggeman said...

Thanks for posting a link on the last question, I enjoyed her blog very much.

Marites said...

#1 sounds like a really fun Halloween. Interesting answers!

The Gal Herself said...

Love your answer to #7 because I actually DID that costume once -- amazingly tacky print on a snap front housecoat and big fuzzy slippers that frightened my cat. I wore a wig filled with rollers, too. You're right, it was sooo comfortable. And I wore that ugly housecoat for years afterward, every 4 weeks when I dyed my hair. The print was so loud and so awful that no shade of Nice n Easy could spoil it.

Here's hoping your loved ones are OK next week.

(Equal time: I'm an Obama Girl.)

Tina said...

When I answered about haunted houses I thought of the made-up Halloween type. I have been in several haunted-for-real houses and even had a few freaky experiences.

Mr said...

slippers, bathrobe, pajamas, shower cap.... Awesome! Extra points for adding comfort! Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Fort Worth, TX - I was born and raised there. Left there in 1989 when I was 38. Great city to live in. Went to South Hills Elem School, Wedgwood Jr High School and graduated from Paschal High School. Got my degree from UTA. Was there just two years ago. Still think of it as home. Thanks for dropping by.