Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Stealing



SUMMERTIME MEME

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme.
Let's go!!!


This week's questions come from Academic Cog and she wrote the questions herself because she hadn't seen a summer meme in a long time.

1.) What first tells you that Summer is here?  
When school is out...
When girls are wearing shorts that are shorter than the shirts they don...
When the temperatures rise above 95 degrees...
...but mostly when school is out



2.) Name your five of your favorite distinctively Summer habits or customs.
If I can't think of any, is that a bad thing?  I don't really have summer habits or customs.  

3.) What is your favorite smell of Summer?
Yumminess cooking on the grill or freshly mowed grass.


Photo Credit

4.) What is your favorite taste of Summer?
I love all the fresh produce... fresh, vine ripened tomatoes; watermelon; sweet Mexican cantaloupe; pick-your-own strawberries... deliciousness!

5.) Favorite Summer memory?
I don't have ONE favorite summer memory.  Sorry boutcha luck!

6.) Extreme heat or extreme cold? Which would you choose and why?
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'd prefer extreme cold.  I can always snuggle with a warm body to get warm... plus, I love wearing jeans and boots and sweaters.  I mean, they look cozy, right?
Photo Credit

7.) What books do you plan to read for the season?
I have a list... that I'm too lazy to get right now.

8.) What is your favorite part of summer?
When it's over... it's too freakin' hot in Texas.

9.) What's your favorite quintessentially summer food? Least favorite?
Watermelon.  Least?  There's not much that "screams" summer that I don't like food-wise.  

10.) Best beverage to beat the summer heat:
Ice cold water with freshly frozen fruit inside.
Photo Credit

11.) Least favorite/most annoying thing related to summer?
Mosquitoes, the extreme heat, sticking to leather seats, high electric bills, did I mention I hate the heat?  Yeah...and I hate butt sweat.  And boob sweat...and feeling any sweat dripping down your back... Getting dressed only to go outside and within 30 seconds experiencing a full-body sweat ruining your hair and make up...

12.) Pick one: the lake /the beach.
I'm not a fan of water I can't see beneath.

13.) Most amusing summer vacation trip you've ever taken?
I took Drew right before he turned two to Estes Park, Colorado.  I'm not big on travelling in the summer -- you know..when EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THE COUNTRY IS VACATIONING TOO!


Photo Credit

14.) Most ridiculous/cringe-inducing/blush-provoking summer outfit you have seen? (Bonus points if you yourself were wearing it!)
There are FAR too many to list here... no bonus points for me.  

15.) Your absolute dream summer afternoon would be
Any day with my boys... somewhere where someone ELSE is cooking, cleaning, laundrying, taxi-ing and doing it all... where I can sit back and relax and take it in.

16.) If you could go anywhere on summer vacation where would you go?
Summer vacation to Italy would be nice... if it were for THE WHOLE SUMMER. Would that not be awesome?  Or, vegging on a deck with a cold beer and a good book at a cabin in Colorado.


river, mountains, nature, pine, forest, summer
Photo Credit

No comments: