Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

A Conversation With Josh

Josh wanted to help me last night make the Mexican corn side dish. I opened and drained one can of corn and poured it into the pan. I opened and drained the second can of corn and he wanted to pour it in. In it goes. Then, I realized that I'd forgotten to melt the cream cheese and butter in the pan SO I got out a big bowl and dumped the corn into that and then got the package of cream cheese out of the fridge and began to cut it into small blocks (so that it would melt easier)... Josh began to put them into the pan one by one... I got the butter out of the fridge and put a blob of that in the pan.

Josh began to watch them all melt... at which time I reached for the corn to pour it in.

"You can put the corn in the pan"

"Why not"

"Because it will melt"

"Corn can't melt"

"It can if you put it in lava"

... ???? ok... just the weird ramblings of my crazy 8 year old. :)

No comments: