Now, I will say that one of the movies was at the theater (before baby). We saw (and it could be misspelled) Shudder Island with Leonardo DiCaprio. Honestly, it was weird, but I did like it. During one of my nursing sessions, I finished Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood (again, it could be misspelled) and while I called the ending... I still thought it was a fantastic movie. He plays a grumpy, racist old man really well. And, last but not least, I saw Love Comes Softly. It's a movie starring Katherine Heigl and Dale Midkiff. It was directed by Michael Landon, Jr. so obviously it's pioneer-Little House on the Prairie type movie. It's about a woman who is widowed while on the move to find a homestead with the love of her life. She doesn't know what to do... buries her husband and then is approached by a complete stranger asking to wed for convenience sake (as many marriages were back then)... so that she had a place to stay and his daughter has a mother figure. It's a beautiful love story and I absolutely loved it! I'm excited to learn that there are a series of movies based on a series of books. I'll gladly order the books now from PaperbackSwap.com... and the movies are in my queue. I love, love, love a great love story! I love love love good western type movies, too. For instance, Open Range is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Step through the web into my life. Read the ramblings of daily existence. My life, though by no means mundane in the overall picture, possesses such poignant moments that sometimes I just shake my head and wonder where the cameras are because it can't be real. Then I realize -- THIS is what it's all about!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Movies
I have watched, not one, but THREE movies lately! Again, I can think those late night and early morning nursing sessions for it but, seriously, I have some serious ADD. Typically, even if I want to see a flick, I can't force myself to sit still for two hours and do nothing but stare at a screen. I'd rather do something productive and, call me crazy, but sitting on my arse staring at a screen .... seriously does absolutely nothing for me. Even if the movie is a good one, it's almost still not worthy of my time. Does that even make sense?
Now, I will say that one of the movies was at the theater (before baby). We saw (and it could be misspelled) Shudder Island with Leonardo DiCaprio. Honestly, it was weird, but I did like it. During one of my nursing sessions, I finished Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood (again, it could be misspelled) and while I called the ending... I still thought it was a fantastic movie. He plays a grumpy, racist old man really well. And, last but not least, I saw Love Comes Softly. It's a movie starring Katherine Heigl and Dale Midkiff. It was directed by Michael Landon, Jr. so obviously it's pioneer-Little House on the Prairie type movie. It's about a woman who is widowed while on the move to find a homestead with the love of her life. She doesn't know what to do... buries her husband and then is approached by a complete stranger asking to wed for convenience sake (as many marriages were back then)... so that she had a place to stay and his daughter has a mother figure. It's a beautiful love story and I absolutely loved it! I'm excited to learn that there are a series of movies based on a series of books. I'll gladly order the books now from PaperbackSwap.com... and the movies are in my queue. I love, love, love a great love story! I love love love good western type movies, too. For instance, Open Range is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Now, I will say that one of the movies was at the theater (before baby). We saw (and it could be misspelled) Shudder Island with Leonardo DiCaprio. Honestly, it was weird, but I did like it. During one of my nursing sessions, I finished Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood (again, it could be misspelled) and while I called the ending... I still thought it was a fantastic movie. He plays a grumpy, racist old man really well. And, last but not least, I saw Love Comes Softly. It's a movie starring Katherine Heigl and Dale Midkiff. It was directed by Michael Landon, Jr. so obviously it's pioneer-Little House on the Prairie type movie. It's about a woman who is widowed while on the move to find a homestead with the love of her life. She doesn't know what to do... buries her husband and then is approached by a complete stranger asking to wed for convenience sake (as many marriages were back then)... so that she had a place to stay and his daughter has a mother figure. It's a beautiful love story and I absolutely loved it! I'm excited to learn that there are a series of movies based on a series of books. I'll gladly order the books now from PaperbackSwap.com... and the movies are in my queue. I love, love, love a great love story! I love love love good western type movies, too. For instance, Open Range is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We saw Shutter Island and thought it was great! 4 out of 5 stars. Gran Torino is one of our favorite recent films too. Love me some Clint. And Love Comes Softly, I have seen 3 times on the Hallmark Channel. I stayed up till midnight a couple of nights ago to see it again. We are very alike, Miss April.
Post a Comment