Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday 13


Thirteen things on my to do list:

1) Make a Valentine's Day box for Drew.  We are leaning towards an R2D2 type Star Wars-ish theme.  Something like this
The Happenings Of An Absent Mind: {Star Wars Valentine Craft}
Photo Source

2) Get my handman out to fix two light fixtures in my house.  It's been said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again.  Well, I'm insane by definition then because the light fixture in the pantry is kaput and EVERY.SINGLE.TIME I walk into the pantry, I flip on the lightswitch even though I know it doesn't work!

3) Get Josh registered for his SCUBA classes.  He is going with his Scout group for a week-long trip to the Florida Keys this summer to do 11 dives.  SCUBA diving!?!?  How cool is that?!  But, because of his stringent baseball schedule, he will have to do the classes on his own rather than with the group of guys that's going.  
Photo Source

4) Get my life insurance squared away.  Self explanatory.

5)  Plan February's book club for the Grapevine Colleyville Southlake Mom's League.  I lead a preschool children's book club.  We're studying Eric Carle this year.  It's fun.  
Photo Source

6) Get my agenda finalized for Monday night's Committee meeting.

7) Order pictures of Benji for the wall.  My three-year-old has totally called me out on the fact that I have like ZERO photos of him up on the wall.  I suck.  

8) Make an appointment with the lab for more blood work and a UREA breath test to see if the h.pylori bacterial infection harboring in my gut is gone.  I sure hope it is.

9) Send a card to Timmy.  Timmy is a precious little pumpkin fighting brain cancer.  If you'd like to send him a card, too, please leave a comment and be sure you aren't a "no reply" blogger (or that I have your email address) or just e-mail me and I will send you his address.  We are trying to flood him with love from everywhere.

10) Purge the playroom.  It's a never-ending pain in the rumpus.  Benji told me yesterday on the way home from school that we needed to go "dare." 

"Where?" I asked.

"Daaa-uuuuuure" pointing to Target, "to da tore."

"Why do I need to go to the store?"

"You need buy me toy."

"You have enough toys."

"No, I not.  I need more toys."

"Well, you have a birthday in TWO months.  You'll just have to wait."

Audible sigh.  "Okay, Mommy."

11) Pull out size 12 clothes from attic for Drew.  He needs pants.  He's skinny enough for an 8 but needs the length for a 12.  OOOOh to have THAT problem!  

12) Give Lucy a bath.  Lucy HATES water.  The last time I tried, I wound up with bloody scratches.  You would have thought I was about to sever a limb.  I think something tragic must have happened to her to give her such a fear of water.... for it to cause such paralyzing fear... but it's very real and she's very afraid.  But lordy does she need a bath!


13)  Sleep.  Yes, I actually have this written on my to do list because I haven't been able to sleep well lately at all and I don't feel rested WHATSOEVER.  I feel like I have mono.  My body is NOT my friend.  Grrrr.

What's on your to do list?

1 comment:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMGosh I so want the R2D2 Valentine Box!!