Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A heart as big as Texas

I had one of those moments where your heart is just beaming with pride at the simple acts of kindness bestowed upon mere acquaintences by your own child. I do believe Joshua has a heart as big as Texas. Tonight at church -- Wednesday is AWANA night -- we had "store night". Josh repeatedly saves his money during store night not wanting to indulge on "stuff" for him. He chooses to save his money so he sees just how much he can get. It's amazing! Tonight at store night, he bought 8 things.... 6 pencils to be able to give one to each person in our class. He did get one for himself but he then gave it away to Blane... what a giving spirit he has! And the only two things he bought were Christmas gifts for Ashley and Terri up in Iowa (my ex husband's neices). I can't tell you how proud of his giving spirit and kindness. He looked up at me last night because he felt so good to give and said, "Momma, do you think my heart is this big?" as he drew a circle on his chest with his two pointer fingers. I just pulled him close and said, "Honey, I don't know how a heart as big as yours can even stay in a chest so small.... I think it fills up all your inside" to which he just smiled proudly. As did I. So far, I must say, I've raised him right. He's got a generous and giving spirit and it couldn't make me more proud.

No comments: