Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Rock on, Josh!

I made a jaunt to the Scout Store today to pick up the supplies to distribute to my boys this weekend at the crossover campout. :) (I can't wait!) I stopped by the store to pick up the goodies to make stuffed shells florentine and an authentic Caesar salad... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I picked Josh up from school after his math club and they had their farewell party. We went home and I started working on a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Tonight is Josh's guitar recital... He's only been in lessons for 3 months so it seemed a bit soon for me but I'm all for anything that will give him some confidence... and let him show off. :)

Tonight is ALSO the night my den is supposed to do the flag ceremony at the final PTA meeting of the school year. I only had 3 boys able to attend so I frantically started searching for another den to step in and help. Luckily, we had 3 more willing to assist and it went over without a hitch. (Whew!)

Dad came for dinner and it was yum-o. We loaded up and headed for the Boy's Ranch where he takes lessons. It was a PACKED HOUSE man! PACKED! UGH.

They started off with a trio... then went to Josh's quartet class... then a very accomplished kiddo that I'm sure has been doing it for years... then another group.. then another solo and then my Cub Scout Luke and his dad... (awesome job... they played Wipe Out)... waaay cool! Josh did a FANTASTIC job and was very smooth! :)

So, I got a RARE glimpse of this child smiling (he wouldn't smile before, during or after his performances but would to other children). After he was done he would pop his knuckles on his cheek -- very bizarre behavior... he admitted he was nervous... I think I'll need to find another way to help him cope with stagefright because his antics reminded me of Lenny on Laverne and Shirley when he'd bite the palm of his hand. LOL

I got a few group shots... here are two of Josh... and then the obligatory self portrait of me and Josh at the conclusion. :) (I've concluded that is the only viable way I will end up in my photo albums -- if I'm taking my own pictures)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket






No comments: