Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Saved by Sunday!

This morning we awoke at 7am to the sound of my fun alarm. We got EVERYTHING in the inside of the tent packed up inside then it started to rain. UGH! Nothing like breaking down camp in the rain... trying to decide if it were more important to pack it right, or just get it packed. I resorted to "just get it packed" and happily folded the tent and all inside the tarp and shoved it in the back of the car. It's still lying in the garage because the entire thing will need to be put up and aired out. UGH! I need a place to hang it from the ceiling apparently! I had a big glass of milk and an apple for breakfast and actually was quite full. They all made boil-in-a-bag omelettes and ate them on tortillas with my yummy peach salsa. I was just ready to go. I have to get a better plan of action for breaking down camp next time so that EVERYONE has a job and no one bails without really helping out. We had one family do that and it's just not fair to everyone else.

Because of the rain, Josh's 2pm football practice and 4:30 p.m. football BBQ were postponed. Drew's 4:30 t-ball practice was cancelled so I went and took a shower and my only errand was a grocery run at 7pm because I ran out of laundry detergent and I wanted to make sure that I had snacks/lunch meat/staples for the week to come!

All three boys went and moved the playroom around so that the painters could get in there in the morning and start working their magic on there!

Tomorrow they're going to a) paint my bathroom cabinets black, b) sand and paint the kitchen island black, c) paint the scrapbook room blue, d) repaint all the trim / baseboards in the house, and e) repaint the door by the laundry room where Thor scratched it off.

I'm not sure they'll get done and since this paint takes MUCH longer to dry and is SO freakin' stinky -- I'm not looking forward to being in my house this next week. :(

I did find out upon returning home from the store that we have a silly putty problem in the carpet -- UGH! But, apparently my "go to" for anything is supposed to work on that as well: Goo Gone. I'll try that after they're gone tomorrow.

3 comments:

Keli said...

sounds like you had a great weekend! LOL - gotta love the rain. It's too cold to go camping here yet but my boy is already talking about it! He can't wait!
And I just realized that you went camping pregnant. You are like the best mom ever. I did that once when I was preg with my first and I will never do it again!
Have a great week!

Room to Inspire said...

I want to hear how all the painting goes. There a few rooms in our house that I would like to paint out the baseboards...I am sure it will all turn out great.

Chelsea

Frugal Vicki said...

I love camping, but I haven't been in so long. I used to love camping with no tent in college, and now my husband says he doesn't even want to camp WITH a tent, cabins only (dang Texas boy!) but I am working on it!