Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 1 ends... Day 2 begins

So day one of school went off without a hitch. Josh had a BUSY afternoon afterwards. We were heading for his guitar lessons at 3:30 p.m. and he said, "Mom, my throat hurts." I said, "Open your mouth and say "AAAAHHHH."" He did. I saw a white spot. What that meant, I had no idea. Why? Because I never ask him to open his mouth and say that so if that spot is there all the time, I'd never know.

He went to guitar. We came home. He rested (after all, he'd been up a while with it being the first day of school and all.)

Then he got suited up and headed to his first football practice. He's on the Raiders this year. More about THAT later. Left practice in tears after an hour to head to Scouts.

Finished a Webelos program at a local Boy Scout Troop he'd gone 4 other times this summer and really enjoyed himself.

Came home and ate, showered, and went to bed. HOWEVER, when I woke him up Wednesday morning, I could tell he didn't sound right. We went to Care Now (because the Pediatrician's office couldn't get him in until after 11:30 a.m.) and he came back positive for STREP! UGH! So he's missed the first full day of school. But, I guess if you have to miss, the time to do that is NOW.

2 comments:

brandt! said...

ohhh... poor guy! when i was reading and I saw "white spot", I held my breath!! Strep can hurt soo bad! I hope he feels better soon!

Keli said...

He did have a busy afternoon! Hope he feels better soon!