Pages

Friday, January 5, 2007

New Tiger and Drew-gate and Josh-aroni

Tonight we had our first Tiger Cub meeting of the new year. The theme for the month is "Poles Apart". We're supposed to teach the boys about the Arctic and the Anarctic. It's such a neat and rewarding experience to see them break out of their proverbial shells and grasp new concepts, make new friends and be proud of their achievements. The different personalities and characteristics that each one of my little Cubs possesses are so great -- I feel so fortunate to have such a great group of kids. I started off by passing around a roll of toilet paper and had each boy take "some". Ultimately for each square they were to tell our new Cubmate, CJ, one fact about themselves. It was cute... and was a great ice breaker. Then I showed them a map of the Arctic Circle and then had them make Anarctic fact wheels. while they were working on that, I prepared their plaster skrimshaws for next week. We went over all the things they are supposed to remember (motto, sign, salute, etc.) and they just did a great job. They each got their "assignments" to report on for next week -- one arctic and one anarctic animal. They will need to stand up before the group and tell us about their animals.

One other "tidbit" of my life is that my 2 year has taken up the habit of not only not sleeping in his bed, but apparently sleep walking... to another area of his quarters and sleeping on the FLOOR?! He will, at times, bring ALL of his binkies and Lumpy along for the relocation too. I'm considering purchasing a sleeping bag to put in other areas so that at least he'll be warm when he decides to wander. His schedule is SO screwed up right now... he's not liking me too much for waking him up early...but ... it'll help him get back in the swing of things so he can be on his "regular" schedule (whatever that is) and I can get some work done!

He's slowly being potty trained. When he does poop in his pants lately, he (regardless of whether YOU are around or not) drops troup and tries taking off his diaper. This, no doubt, is quite a stinky, messy situation. I think it's time for pullups! If he doesn't HAVE to go but just wants to... the poor kid just strains and grunts and groans... I swear sometime I think he's just goign to take off! If he just has to toot while he's on the potty chair, he'll tell you "poo poo's comin'" LOL. It's so hard to keep a straight face.

He is in LOVE with the puzzles his "aunt" Laura and "uncle" Jeff and Gabe got him for Christmas. Between the Buzz Lightyear jammies, his work bench and new puzzles, those are the top three Christmas gifts this year.

Drew is very focused on his shows... if you try to sing along with the songs or quote the movie, he will squish his finger on his nose and say "beee quiet" but it's more like "kiiiiiiiiiiii-et" it's so funny. His other funny trait right now at 2.5 is when he wants to show YOU Something, he will do the "come here" sign and say "show me show me show me"... meaning I want to take you mommy over here to show you something....

He likes to pretend he's on the computer... he'll click the mouse... type...

The scoop on the puppy --

Lola is growing like a weed. I just love her to pieces! I was telling one of my best friends, Gwen, last night or night before last... I really think i went into a deeper depression when I had to put down both of my dogs within 6 weeks of one another... because with animals (dogs especially) you really do get the only source of unconditional love you will ever get in your life... and with them passing, I'd really felt like I'd lost that. Plus, having new little puppy breath -- who can resist?! :) She's from a big litter -- 9 pups... and was just the cutests little runt. I jsut loved her instantly... she's staring at me right now wondering why I won't give her any more carmel corn. :) She thinks she needs to sit in my lap when she's tired. :) I love it. :)

Josh is just ... well, he's such a little man. We've been letting his hair grow out. My mom hates it ..and apparently has told him so. I've offered to cut it or take him to have it cut but he likes it long now... so it's his hair and I'll let him keep it however he wants, as long as it's not in his eyes, he won't hear a complaint out of me. He loves his new Razor Scooter that Santa got him... and his ATM bank and lava lamp... and I don't know where he gets this -- he gets excited about new clothes. :) Ha! Gotta love him. Drew does too -- as long as they either have some association with the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Tech, baseball or the GAP! lol... he's familiar with Polo too. Scary they get branded so early. :)

Josh commented to me the other day that I take more photos of Drew than I do him... I said... Josh... smile...and he stopped what he was doing, looked at me, tilted his head and smiled. I showed him in my camera. See how great that looks.... now watch... and I snapped about 7 of drew... NONE of them were any good... I said "SEE?" LOL... he hasn't complained since.

I do need to take some more photos...

No comments: