Saturday 9: Whenever I Call You "Friend"
1) How did you meet your best friend? Which one? I have several that I would consider my "best" friend although I don't feel they would even feel the need to be quantified as such.
Shannon -- met when I was 4 or 5 years old in front of my mom's house when I dumped my snowcone on her. That's 35 years of friendship right there, folks!
Tamara -- met in elementary school. I'm not certain of the grade..but it was easily 2nd or 3rd grade.
Christie -- met in school right out of high school... age 19.
Landy -- Met through MOPS when Drew was 2.
April -- Met through MOPS when Drew was 3 or 4
There are others... some I've met through Mom's League... Scouts... mutual friends... junior high...
Friends are important. They are the truly important ones because they're there for you when no one else is. I've had family turn their backs on me... friends are your real family... you even get to pick them! :)
2) Mother Winters used to say she loved all us kids equally, but at various times she liked one of us more than the others. Does your "friend ranking" ever shift? Or is the person you think of today as your best friend always #1? There are friends I spend more time with than others but that's generally geographical... not because the want isn't there.
3) What makes you a good friend? I'm present... in mind and body... for them
4) Think back to your childhood -- what games did you and your friends like to play? Shannon and I would just play outside for hours.... We'd make mud pies. We'd dance. We'd play school and restaurant and make up these elaborate menus. I think we'd spend more time making up menus than playing restaurant. We'd set up an office and have fake phones. It was SO cool. We'd call one another with these purple or pink phones that'd light up when you called the other extension.
Some days I'd get to go with my sister next door to Kim Nash's house and she had the Charlies Angels playset. It was SO COOL!
During the summer at night, all the kids on the street would come together for a killer game of freeze tag or hide-n-seek or swingin' statues.
5) Would you rather lose your hair, or the little toe on your left foot? (Yes, you must commit to giving one up.) Lose the toe. I'm vain.
6) Think of the phrase, "like nails on a blackboard." What is your least favorite sound? Insomuch as I hate that awful noise (I just got goosebumps just THINKING of it) of a fork or knife scraping across a plate. ---not just scraping -- but that awful sound it makes when it's an unINTENTIONAL scrape across. I liken it to the nails on a chalkboard sound.
But more than that... WHINING. I FREAKIN HATE LISTENING TO WHINING!!!!!!!
7) Do you add fabric softener to your wash or place a softener sheet in the dryer? Yes. I like my clothes Downey fresh. Unfortunately, that leaves some nasty ass residue all over the washer.
8) Showtime, HBO, or neither? Neither. TV is a waste of time.
9) Have you ever fired a gun? You betcha! It's liberating! I'm a deadly ass shot! Beware -- chicks with guns... are hawt! Mrow!