Welcome lovelies to another edition of Saturday 9... Today's 9 questions focus is on the sweet, young, and very blonde Taylor Swift. She's an actress, singer, songwriter, performer... and loser when it comes to love. But it makes for some great music, no? (Sorry about ya luck there sweets!)
1) Like the girl in this song, have you ever been in love with someone, but was afraid to tell them? I'm not sure I would qualify it as "love" if I didn't have any sort of relationship with them whatsoever. At that point, I'd have to say it were more "lust" or simple attraction.
I liken this to people being attracted to an actor's ROLE in a film. That doesn't, however, mean that's how the person is in real life. Until you get to know them, you're simply attracted to an idea of how you think they are -- now how they TRULY are.
As a youth, I knew plenty of guys that (on the surface) I was EXTREMELY attracted to (yet never said anything) but once I got to know them and discovered what a jerk they really were -- I lost interest immediately.
I've heard/read things about Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, and Viggo... while I'm ATTRACTED to their characters in various movies... I'm not sure I could handle them as themselves. I mean ANY woman that says she doesn't want to be a pirate after seeing JD here is a BIG FAT LIAR! Mrow! Pass the rum!
2) Taylor Swift has been known to write songs about her real-life lovers. If you were to write a song about the most recent person you were romantically involved with, what would the title be? You know, truthfully, I have NO idea... plenty of great songs do come to mind but nothing that "fits." I don't like the limitations of a song for an entire "heart" experience. I'll pass on this one. (Yes, I realize that's a chicken shit way out, but it's my blog so suck it!)
3) Ms. Swift recently turned 23 and has already won VMAs and AMAs and Grammys. What were you doing when you were 23? (If you aren't 23 yet, where do you see yourself when you hit it?) I was married and living in Abilene, TX on Dyess Air Force Base.
4) When you were a child, did you sleep with a plush toy? (If yes, please include its name in your answer.) Yes, many. I love snuggle buddies. I had a bear my great Uncle Leon gave to me for Christmas one year. It's a big brown teddy bear and I named him Charlie Brown.
5) I'm making a Starbucks run. What can I get you? Hot Earl Grey tea with honey.
6) It was 60 years ago that Clarence Birdseye first marketed frozen vegetables. Now it's your turn: Share something you learned recently. Moving your shoulders when you've "set" is considered a balk in baseball and all players move forward a base.
7) In junior high, were you class clown, teacher's pet, a geek, a jock ... or did you just melt into the background? Yes... Randy Meeks was our class clown... though I was known to cut up quite a bit. I was teacher's pet in several classes because I was just sweet. I was a geek... because I was smart and made A's. I was a cheerleader... and I melted into the background at times, too. I chose to be friends with everyone rather than run with one clique. Cliques are stupid and you lose out on so many unique and wonderful people by limiting yourself to those who are just like you. I just liked being me.
8) Was your most recent ticket for parking illegally or was it a moving violation? Speeding. Cop was a COMPLETE and total jack-ass. I was on the way to put my damn dog down... she was IN THE CAR. I was sobbing and yeah, I guess I didn't notice the speedometer. He...was an ASSHOLE! I'd love someone to show him NO compassion on one of his worst days.
9) Tell us about the last museum you visited. I went to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History with the boys.