Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Freezer Cooking - My New Venture

I used to love going to a franchise owned by a friend of mine called the Dinner Station. This was a place you'd visit to do the preparation stages necessary for having dinner ready to go at a moment's notice. It was also all freezeable. You'd go through their selected menu and choose the items you wanted and then go there and prepare the dishes and then leave with a cart full of meals. It was AWESOME! It was SUCH a fantastic (yet, expensive) time saver. Fast forward to present day. We all need to do things that will save us money and so that's not the best use of my time or my dollar. I'm in the need to make sure that we have healthy, nutritious meals ready at a moment's notice. My schedule definitely isn't going to get any easier from here on out so my newest venture is to tackle the art of Freezer Cooking. Several of the blogs I follow are doing it and have great guides to follow so WHY NOT!?!

One of my favorite blogs, Life As A Mom has all KINDS of fantastic entries on freezer cooking! Check her out.

I figure, create a list of meals that CAN be "freezer" prepped - create a grocery list - shop - cook - freeze. Sounds simple, right? We'll see! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

chksngr said...

My friend Samantha does this. http://samanthawidlund.typepad.com/purely_drivel/2010/01/a-girl-with-a-plan.html AND she does it with ingredients like whole wheat, spelt, and various healthy sugar substitutes. She is a PLANNER, let me tell you. Her FB page this morning listed an unbelievable number of dishes that she finished in just the last couple of days...I was BLOWN away! With my indoor gril, I've become the master of the 30 minute meal and I also make extras of things like lasagna and taco meat since thy are so easy to freeze. Sadly, I have no ambition to make a weeks worth of meals at one time...I just don't want to spend the time all at once.

Room to Inspire said...

Oh I would love to do this. I am off to check out her site right away!

Chelsea