Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wow, it's here!

That's right, summer is officially upon us. I've been slowly trying to do my written daily recaps but let's face it, if I don't get it in some sort of electronic format, it's as good as gone! Can I get an amen?!

Today Ben slept in until about 8:30. I woke up anticipating making pancakes only to be informed by Drew that "Daddy is going to get ME donuts." I was like, "Um... didn't you have THOSE yesterday when you were at your Mimi's?" He sheepishly grinned and nodded. But, your word is your word. Andy should have known better since that's a typical Mimi treat. Oh well. He's as big as a bean pole, a second day of donuts certainly won't harm his waistline (his arteries, maybe, but not his waistline.)

Last night I had a cranky baby that has been grabbing at both ears. I'm thinking we've got a double ear infection going on. [insert major sad face here] I was given a couple of home remedies I shall try today but if it's too far gone, I may end up at Dr. Knapp's office tomorrow.

Oh, and another big plus, I got my computer back! I have a friend named Manny who is a computer GURU (and that's putting it mildly). He remotely took control of my tower and got me all fixed up. Seriously, if I could give him a blank check, I would. He is a lifesaver! So, now that I have a computer again, it's much easier to keep up with the bloggage. I really am partial to my ergo-keyboard.

Today is Sunday. We should have gone to church. We didn't go to church. I like to go to church. Ben doesn't like to go anywhere not with me so, we don't go to church very often. C'est la vie. It won't last forever, this I know.

I'm slowly starting to do the baby-purge. I'm ridding my foyer of the baby materials that were going to be in the garage sale that never happened. I made $60 on three things. Not too shabby. Andy was like "you should have sold them for more" and I'm like...

If I had a garage sale, I'd have gotten half of what I got them for.

If I took them to a consignment store, I'd get like pennies on the dollar.

If I sell them for a little less than half price, I'm doing great and SO that's what I did.

The electronic baby swing, jump-a-roo and lion play center are all gone. The extra high chair in the garage is sold, too, but they just need to come pick it up. It's sad but it's time. I can honestly say that being a mom is the absolutely most thankless, hardest, most wonderful job in the whole world. And, while I hate that they grow up.... there's nothing I can do to stop them. (sniff, sniff)

I love the phase that Ben's at right now... need to do my "snapshot of..." post for each boy sometime soon. :)

Hopefully in the next two weeks, too, I'll have a new air conditioner in the bedroom so that it's not having to run ALL DAMN DAY just to keep it at 79 degrees. BLEH!

Welcome to summertime in Texas with a bad air conditioner. There goes the vacation... sigh.

No comments: