Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

$20 is a big deal

I went on a grocery run today. It was beyond time. I made an impulse purchase.

I rationalized it this way. I've had a hell of a week and it's only Wednesday. I've had a bad headache going on four days now and have had custody of a moody little Smurf who is darn-near refusing to take an afternoon nap which then turns him into the child from hell after 5:30 p.m. for three days running.

For that alone, I deserved... something. Right? Of course I did!

Well, I have had my eye on this triple crock pot "thing" for two years. It has three 2.5 qt. crock pots with lid holders, spoons and individual heating elements so that you can have three sides going at once! I've wanted it for two years. Did you hear me? TWO YEARS?! Why I never buy one -- I have no idea. I suppose I just typically just don't go out and buy things for myself. I just don't.

This week, I received an advertisement from Macy's in the mail (I think this company would save a $hit ton of money if they'd stop sending out sales ads every three days... just sayin!). Macy's had one for $57. I looked at the ad. I considered the purchase. Finally, I decided I was going this week to get it. I wanted it for Thanksgiving this year for SURE!

So, fast forward to today and I'm in Wal-Mart (it's a living hell. It really is. I hate that store and hate that they're so much cheaper than everywhere else, but when you're trying to save, you're trying to save. It's a double edged sword!) Any-who, I'm walking down the aisle and then I see it on an end-cap. They have the triple-crock set for... THIRTY SEVEN DOLLARS! It's a $20 savings PLUS no shipping! I contemplated it. Do I just go and add almost $40 to my grocery bill just for that?

YES.

Yes, I do.

I bought it.

You know you're old when you're excited about a triple crock pot.

So, I must be.

Because I am.

No comments: