Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Twenty Six Days of Thankfulness - Day 1 - A

It's November. It's time to shift gears from all things macabre to all things thankful. Thanksgiving is coming dontcha know?

I still remember the time my grandmother made me a pilgrim costume for a school Thanksgiving play. How I treasured that so. She was an awesome seamstress. It wasn't then, however, that I learned just how thankful the pilgrims truly were at the time of their first Thanksgiving with the Indians.

So, in honor of their many blessings of thanksgiving, I'm doing my own spin - much like I did last year (or was it the year before).... twenty-six days of Thanksgiving.

Yes, I realize Thanksgiving is on the 24th, but there ARE twenty-six letter of the alphabet. So, just work with me here, mmmkay?

Obviously, this is the FIRST of November which means today we should contemplate all things "A" and as such, I'm thankful for:

  1. angels - because I know that they're surrounding me on a daily basis... my Mawmaw especially
  2. aloe - it soothed my recent sunburn
  3. antiques - because i love chipped paint and rusty hinges and the stories their pieces tell
  4. avocados - because they're green and yummy and delicious with tortilla chips
  5. apples - especially when they're chilled and crisp and juicy
  6. authors - because they keep my brain stimulated and entertained
  7. Andy - because of the great man and father he is
  8. anniversaries - because it means you're still here living to celebrate something!
  9. accents - because they make people more interesting
  10. art - especially when it comes from my children
  11. aglet - Because it made an interesting episode of Phineas and Ferb! (ha)
  12. anticipation - because it is what fuels us...
  13. Aspen, Colorado - It is one of my most favorite places to be
  14. apologies - because not only should we all give them, but also accept them
  15. ambrosia salad - because there's not much more delicious than vanilla yogurt, fruit, pecans and marshmallows all mixed together!
  16. amusement parks - because it's a great place to spend a day with family and friends
  17. answers - because I have a lot of questions
  18. AND...movies like Aladdin, Armageddon, The Aristocats and Alice in Wonderland

No comments: