Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Shhh.. come closer, I'll tell you a secret...

I LOVE 80's HAIR BANDS!!! I swear I'm such an 80's girl! Right now I'm listening to Poison. While they were a little over done... ok, who am I kidding... they were prettier than I'll ever be...but I love them... I love Mr. Big... and all the Duran Duran... The Cure... The Cult... Def Leppard... Pretty Boy Floyd, I love all the music from The Wedding Singer -- what a brilliant movie -- Adam Sandler rocks! ... other bands... Oh... Lillian Axe

Lillian Axe... I was SUCH a total fan of theirs.... (Christie .... I have to tell PART of this story LOL)... Lillian Axe concert at Dallas City Limits...we were there... we looked hot... Christie hadn't eaten ... I don't think at all that day. Here's a newsflash -- don't do shots if you've got an empty stomach. :) Hee hee... she was so sick. OMG --> I'm so busting a gut thinking about that night. I had the CUTEST open weave fuzzy magenta sweater on... underneath was your typical black "dress" bra (to wear under shirts like this...)... and I think it was Christie (she smoked) that burned a hole in my shirt... when I left the shirt on my bed, my mom washed it... and dried it... and I am not sure the thing would have fit a Cabbage Patch Doll when I got back in my closet... it was so sad... but it had a cigarette burn in one sleeve so I probably wouldn’t have worn it again because of that. LOL... It was a great concert considering my compadre spent 95% of it passed out in my car... LOL... the drummer had the hots for me... we went back stage and met them (wasn't sure if it was this concert or another one... heck, they all start running together at this age! Ha!) good times good times..

ON another note...before I just start rambling about my and Christie's escapades...

Tomorrow is Drew's third birthday... what an adventure it's been... he's brought about lots of changes and he's lived through lots of changes but he's growing, he's stubborn, he's caring, he's a little sugar and he's all mine... I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Three years ago, I was taking Josh to his grandparents house to spend the night so that I could go be induced at the hospital the next morning... long labor... check in early, doc thought by noon... and 3:30 he decided to grace us with his presence... at a whopping 9 lbs 7.2 oz. (ouch)...

At three this little guy is the pickiest of eaters, has his father wrapped around his little finger, has a temper like a red-headed step-child, sleeps great, has perfected his whine, has a joyful belly laugh, loves his puppies and to play outside...

He's become very independent wanting you to "no, go away" and let HIM go upstairs and change his jammies all by himself. He comes down in a smartly matched ensemble... I'm impressed. :) He loves to read books -- especially the kind by Usborne that are kind of a "Where's Waldo" type searching and find... he loves to play cars and put puzzles together. He loves to stall when it's bedtime... but when he realizes it's time for real... he snuggles down... still loves his music from the Fisher Price aquarium to set him off into dreamland... when he wakes up he won't tell you, he just wants to sit in his window and look outside at the world around him... he prefers cereal for breakfast... loves his "lucky corns" (Lucky Charms)... will eat Frosted Mini Wheats plain with no water... (can you say hello tree bark?)... won't touch a scrambled egg with a 10 foot pole but can put down some toast and bacon. He loves his momma's pancakes too. He won't eat anything green...but I have seen him first hand take the top off a piece of raw broccoli... the kid won't eat macaroni and cheese but he'll eat broccoli? He doesn't like cheese... I just don't get it... don't get it at all....

He hasn't eaten anything other than chicken nuggets or hamburger patties.... no ham... no bologna... he will eat pizza... maybe I need to start grinding up vegetables into pizza sauce. :) Ha! That's an idea.

He thinks his back hurts all the time... that's his father's fault... you mention anything about a sore ANYTHING... and my little hypochondriac has the same symptoms. It's hilarious... he thinks whatever it is that he wants at the moment will make his back feel better.

He's becoming the band-aid fanatic. They're even better if they have characters on them (like Spiderman - - those are way cool)... we can go through about 8 or more a day. It's hilarious. He needs one for every boo boo... but they only need to stay on for about 2.8 minutes and then "all better" :)

Tonight for dinner... The Dinner Station provided the kit for homemade goulash... it was like a step back in time. I can cook nearly anything... but I can not perfect my grandmother's goulash... and tonight... it was like I was sitting at her table eating dinner... it was fantastic... it was sad... it was delicious.... it made me miss her...

The only other thing I wanted to say today was... if someone sends you an invitation with RSVP on it... it means... respond si'l vous plais -- i.e., please respond. :) That's just a courtesy for everyone in the party planning world... and if you don't rsvp... don't show up. :)

Sometimes I feel we're all so busy that common courtesy, simple gratitude and friendliness and respect is just becoming something too familiarly UNcommon.... how sad...

So... another thought for the day.... actions speak louder than words. :)

It's 15 til 11... think it's time to turn in... Toodles all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great comment on The Dinner Station. We use them too and have always been pleased with the great meals. We need to plan a night for the mom's as time away which also is productive and social. I believe they will allow us to have a private session.