It's a little bit chilly outside and DEFINITELY a change from the 82 degree weather we had yesterday. No wonder no one can stay well! This weather is more shifty than a woman with PMS!
Regardless, time for the fun stuff, Friday Fill-Ins --- And...here we go!
1. Wow, this week sure started OFF great but is certainly ending on a shitty note. Benji is down for the count with some sniffling, feverish, coughing, runny/stuffy nose, snotty "sick". Drew was in the nurse's office today with an ear ache and Josh threw up last night. I think my home should be under quarantine!
2. Drew is FULL of the most random bits of trivia. While it becomes a bit of an annoyance after a while, his inquisitive nature and need to know the random is one of my most loved traits about him. In one conversation his topics of choice could range from the A-bomb to raining frogs to the person struck by lightning the most times to chocolate chip cookies. Love that kid!
3. Finally, I'm sitting in some quiet. Having a sick (but very active) two-year-old home with you all day can leave your ass dragging a little further behind every day. I should probably utilize this time to be productive and get all kinds of things done like... clean the kitchen, put up laundry, shower, prep dinner, etc. Unfortunately, my give a damn is busted.
4. Staying in my pajamas all day? Sure, that's quite all right with me. As a disclaimer, I chose the photo below for two purposes. Primarily because I'm a brunette who loves -- and I mean absolutely puffy-heart LOVES flannel pajamas. Secondly, because I love the idea that they think women wear flannel pajamas that are left unbuttoned because we all need to expose our belly buttons. Yeah, sure. If I'm wearing flannel, it's probably because I need and/or want to stay warm. Rolling up the sleeves and wearing it like a swimsuit cover-up was laughable. However, that's how VS rolls, so I had to include it if only for the laugh factor alone.
5. Sweet or savory: if it's a good recipe, I'm game to try it! I'm not sure I could give up either, however. I have a WICKED sweet tooth that LOVES white cake with white frosting. Savory... yeah, man... maybe I should have eaten lunch... hmmm... right now, however, my sweet would be a homemade strawberry-banana fruit smoothie and my savory would probably be some of my turkey meatloaf muffins.
6. I need some workout clothes that are new. But I'd really like a blender. Bwahahaha (that's an inside joke, sorry, sometimes, I just can't resist!) Seriously, however, I need some. SOON! I just can't stomach the price tags! These pants below? They're $98! It's rape! That, and I'm a cheapass! Unfortunately, "the girls" are a little bigger than your average bear so I won't wear tank tops to the gym -- always want to be conservative. And, while we're on the subject of "the girls," I'd love to find a sports bra that will hold them in place like DUCT TAPE without having to convert them to the uniboob!
This just made me laugh so I had to share.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Drew's basketball practice and hearing all about his time at the Brahma's hockey game afterwards. Tomorrow my plans include an Upwards basketball game and taking care of a sick kiddo while Josh gets to experience an elite select baseball team he's been asked to join and Sunday, I want to enjoy my "Pat Day" (that's when my housekeeper comes. I love Pat Days! They're a national holiday around here!
Happy Friday everyone!