I love this song... (but no one tops Ella in my opinion)
Don't know why there's no sun up in the skyStormy weather since my man and I ain't togetherKeeps raining all the time, the timeLife is bare, gloom and misery everywhereStormy weather, just can't get my poor self togetherI'm weary all the time, the time, so weary all the time
What a truly captivating, glamorous, engaging woman. I have always loved her!
1) Do noisy storms scare you?
In general, storms do not scare me. What DOES scare me are the meeting of warm and cold air masses. Because, you see, I live in "Tornado alley" clearly defined by this awesome visual.
It's such a worry, however, when tornado sirens go off in your neighborhood and you know you're under a tornado warning (not a watch, but a WARNING)... and you're with a couple of kids.... three dogs... in a closet... without fresh air... bleh! It's no fun. No fun at all! Severe storms are serious business in this neck of the woods.
2) Mother Winters tells us Lena Horne was considered one of the great beauties of the 1940s. Whom do you consider one of today's most beautiful women?
Personally, I think Jennifer Lopez is one of THE most beautiful women around... she's a triple threat, too. She can dance, sing and act... plus her body is bangin!
3) Crazy Sam admits it -- there's a big bag of recycling she really should take out to the bin. Yet she's composing this meme. What should you be doing, instead of answering her questions?
Cleaning the damn kitchen...but yeah, that's not happening! (This isn't mine but the mess is the same!)
4) Sam may be crazy, but she's not stupid and will never waste her money on Cialis, no matter how many unsolicited emails she receives! What's the most recent addition to your spam folder?
Well, let's take a look. Apparently my penis is too small and limp because I need to "stay harder" and "grow 3 inches." Nice to know. I'm obviously having a hard time getting around because I need to buy an electric scooter from The Scooter Store. Someone must have known I'm the mother of boys because I need to be on Paxil (antidepressants). I also need to join Nutrisystem so I can be ready for bikini season. I can never trust my family and so I need to purchase DIY undetectable security cameras in my home... and I've changed my name to "Anna." :) Always a joy strolling through spam.
5) What was the last thing you cooked?
Breakfast this morning for the boys was just something simple -- I'm not sure it even constitutes "cooking" but I'll bet by some bachelor standard, it does. Pillsbury crescent rolls with breakfast links in them (a.k.a. pigs in a blanket) along with cinnamon rolls. Nothing was homemade. I was tired and wasn't in the mood to even "cook" which is why crap like that is reserved for the weekend.
6) Do you remember the lyrics to your either your high school or college fight song? If so, please share a bit.
High school? Sadly, no. I'm not sure I ever did. College? Meh... I'm a mutt. But, if we're being frank, I think fight songs are rather ridiculous. They never rhyme either. It's like setting Bible verses to music... and them not rhyming... it's just dumb. But to be honest, I know college fight songs for several big schools... but I don't sing them. I'm a rebel like that.
7) "Samantha" is the feminine of "Samuel" and means "Listener." What's the derivation of your first name?
The traditional etymology is from the Latin aperire, "to open," in allusion to its being the season when trees and flowers begin to "open," which is supported by comparison with the modern Greek use of ἁνοιξις (anoixis) (opening) for spring.
8) Are you following the NBA or NHL this year? If so, which team are you rooting for?
No and no. If I were, I would follow the Dallas Mavericks (root for the home team HOWEVER, they suck.) NHL -- we have the Dallas Stars, but I'll always be a Colorado Avalanche fan!
9) Gloves, umbrellas, sunglasses, keys -- which of these do you misplace most often?
Gloves -- off-white fleece and are always located either in the glovebox of my car or on the floor directly in front of the console.
Umbrellas -- in the garage or in the umbrella holder that is in my car (though it's empty at present because I gave it to a woman during a rainstorm that hadn't one.)
Sunglasses -- I have no idea where they are at present.
Keys -- always in my vehicle because otherwise, I'd lose them. My son loves my keychain and thinks it's his toy.
So.. SUNGLASSES it is!