Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

5 Question Friday


1. What is your favorite book to read with your kids?  My children are different ages and... because of that they are at totally different reading levels with completely different interests.  Josh (13) enjoys books about outdoor adventure and sports.  He really enjoyed the Hatchet series and we read some of those together.  We also read Sign of the Beaver together... he really liked that.  

 

Drew (8) loves anything Star Wars, Diary of a Wimpy Kid (they're not beating THAT horse to death are they?), Captain Underpants and Magic Tree House.  Frankly, I really enjoy the Magic Tree House books because it's a GREAT historical fiction to give kids a little something more than JUST a story.


  

Benji (2) is just starting to take an interest in books.  He likes me to "read" him a book... but mostly they're just picture books where he likes to point out what is in them and make the sounds the various animals make.  He has, however, taken a liking to Sandra Boynton books and I adore them!  The first one pictured below is his favorite!
  

Both older boys enjoyed The Box Car Children series and I own the full set.  I'm sure that will be appreciated by the little one, too, in time.

2. After having kids, what body part has changed the most?  Is this a trick question?  Yikes!  It would so much easier to answer this had you asked what HASN'T changed the most.  (insert sad face)  The fact of the matter remains that I... in all my 5'2" glory carried three children -- one of which was almost ten FREAKIN POUNDS!  If my body was supposed to stay the same, it would have.  However, it didn't.  My abdomen, obviously is going to be an eternal place of "motherhood"... but it won't stop me.  

3. Would you ever go back to college? What would you study?  Law.  Hands down... no question.  

4. How do you close a phone call? Bye, bye bye or other?  It really depends who is on the other end of the phone line.  I may say, "Goodbye."  Alternatively, I may say, "See ya."  Sometimes I end it with "I love you, bye."  If it's a telemarketer, they get neither a hello nor goodbye.  It's answer, click, hangup.

5. What is the one food that will always be your "cheat food" on a diet? I don't consider eating clean and healthy a "diet."  It, for me, is a way of life.  I have amazing resolve and willpower.  As such, I don't really limit myself.  If I want something, I will have it. I will have an appropriate serving size as well and only ONE serving of whatever I want.  I do not overdo it.  Rather than a full serving of french fries, I may eat two.  

1 comment:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I love the different books they are into. I'm going to have to check out. Few of them.

Now I have to think how I end a call.