Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Stealing

The (20) First (Questions) Meme

Today we ripped off a blogger named Paul Burgin from the blog Mars Hill. It is 20 questions, He says he got it from Paul Linford. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

First Job: First Real Job:  I worked for my grandmother from age 8 to 18 off an on in the summers.  She owned a company called Midnight Ceramics.  She supplied decor to a warehouse that provided interior decorators with items to utilize when staging model homes for several builders in the DFW area.  I was paid cash... so some may not consider that a "real" job, so if you want to talk one I paid into the good ole tax pool, that'd be Colter's BBQ.  It has since been shut down.  I'm not even sure if the chain is in business any longer.  

First Volunteer Job:  We were always helping with something so much that I don't really remember anything sticking out specifically.  I do, however, remember teaching Sunday school at South MacArthur Church of Christ in high school.  I don't consider that a "job"...but it was fun and I was a volunteer.


First Car:  1982 RX7 which I couldn't afford the insurance to so I got an EXP.  Hated that stupid car... was red... was a stick shift... smelled funny and the coil went out. But the stereo kicked ass.  

First Record:  I have no idea.  Truthfully, not a single solitary clue.  Is that supposed to be a big, memorable moment in someone's life? 

First Sport Played:  I didn't get to play a lot of sports because my sister did that so by the time it was time for me to participate in such activities...the parentals didn't really want any part of that kind of time commitment... So, it wasn't until I was in junior high that I played in an "organized" sport (basketball, track, etc.)

First Concert:  I attended MANY concerts with my dad as a kid.  Every year there was an Oak Ridge Boys benefit concert for kids... we attended.  I loved it.  I went to many concerts with my dad, too, because he worked them (as a police officer).  I was able to meet many personalities... Chuck Berry was one of my favorites.  But, my first REAL concert sans parents was 1984 to see Van Halen with my sister.  

First Country Visited:  Mexico.  It was during spring break...  before I knew any better.

First Kiss:  Michael Bates, 4th grade, Mid Cities Skate Town.  

First Speech:  7th Grade, Mrs. Tickle's class, Speech/Debate and I OWNED it!  I'm fairly certain I was this confident...

First Girlfriend/Boyfriend:  Robert Antonetti, 4th grade

First Encounter with a Famous Person:  Again, many of these were when I was so young that I wouldn't be able to recall... because of my dad working and my being able to tag along... Donny Osmand, Dick Clark, some famous country singer.... was really sexy.... Chuck Berry... but I couldn't recall who was the "first."  

First Brush With Death:  Being born.  Ha!  I like to think that I haven't had one of those.... either that or I've apparently got 9 lives.  

First House/Flat Owned:  4576 Bramble Lane, Colorado Springs, CO.  I visited there almost 7 years ago with Drew and the place has gone to hell in a handbasket.  Looks HORRIBLE adn the neighborhood looks so run down.  No one takes pride in their homes, yards, nothing.  Very sad.  According to THIS picture, they did take in the porch which is kind of sad.  It was so cute!


First Film Seen at a Cinema:  Not a clue.  I do, however, remember seeing The Howling when I was young.  It came out in 1981 which means that I was 9 or 10 years old... In my opinion -- entirely TOO YOUNG -- to have seen that.  I had nightmares for MONTHS after seeing this movie.  I had to sleep with a flashlight for a good year... and a nightlight.... and I was terrified of walking from my best friend's house to mine by myself... I WOULD SPRINT.  If I heard a rustle in the leaves as I was running, I would nearly have a panic attack.  


First Media Appearance (Radio, Newspaper, TV):  I was on a local tv show filmed about my grandmother's next door neighbor because she taught swimming lessons.  PM Magazine I think was what it was called.  I helped her with swimming lessons and was featured on the show with her.  That was the first.... there have been others.

First Hospital Stay:  Being born.  I was a preemie (4 pounds 9 oz.) so I had to stay 5 days.  Came home on Christmas morning in a stocking.  For real... they stuffed me in a stocking and they couldn't get me out.   No, this wasn't me, but it was cute... my stocking was smaller... and I'm positive that I was *much* more adorable than this little brat.

First Book You Remember Reading:  Little Women, The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles 4th grade.  
 

First Pet:  Casey, black cocker spaniel.  He was an outside dog.  I always hated that he was an outside dog.  He hardly got any attention.  I hated that.  He was so fluffy.  This isn't him but it looks like him. 

First Election You Voted In:  1996.  I voted for Clinton.  For the record, I wasn't ever a fan of Gore.  To this day, he is an idiot, a hypocrite and full of himself.  








No comments: