Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Five Question Friday

Welcome to Five Question Friday hosted by My Little Life!


1.  What holiday do you wish did not exist?  
Hmmmm…. You know, I could probably create a list of them.  On the horizon we have Valentine's Day.  V-Day is a rather stupid celebration in my opinion created by the confectioners across the country.  Oh, and the Hallmark Corporation... maybe American Greetings, too.  

Women bitch and complain about our weight... only to have our significant others buy us a ten pounds heart shaped box FULL of chocolate.  

"Here, honey, I love you. Eat this.  I’m sure you’ll ultimately gain 15 pounds.... and I will no longer find you even remotely attractive… but you’ll remember just how much I love you on THIS day… because… well… it’s VALENTINE’s DAY!

Cards.  The price of a card is like $4 each!  EACH?  And that is a median price. 

Don’t even get me STARTED on the cost of flowers!  JIMINY CHRISTMAS!!  I’m almost OFFENDED that someone would feel SO compelled to give into a ridiculous tradition that they’re mindset is that of a drone “must please the Mrs.  Must buy overpriced everything so she feels loved and validated.”

If you have to do THAT to make someone feel loved and validated, you need to step your ass up to the plate because you’re severely lacking!  One day a year isn’t going to cut it!  She should feel loved and appreciated and desired and sexy and wanted and needed – EVERY SINGLE DAY!  Don’t bring flowers because you’re OBLIGATED by corporate pressure to prove your love…. Bring flowers because you LOVE her and want her to know that it doesn’t take a date on the calendar for you to want her to know how much she is cared for. 
 
Now, if you’re one of those that DOES do it all the time but still WANTS to do it on Valentine’s Day, too, then have at it.  Spend triple the going rate for flowers to prove your love.  Ga’head.  (You may do that knowing that makes me think you’re still an idiot.  No hard feelings.)


2. What is your favorite romance/love movie?
Anyone that knows me knows that I don’t have a “favorite” (singular) of most anything ever.  That being said, however, “The Notebook” is ONE of my favoriteS for sure.  I love the idea that she was willing to risk unfavorable opinions, hard feelings, broken hearts, and lose everything to be with the one man that truly completed her.  Their love story, to me, is amazing. 



3. Do you make a big production out of celebrating Valentine's Day?
I would think by reading my answer to No. 1, you’d know better.  I will make a steak dinner for the family and prepare them something sweet.  That’s about it.  I will get the boys a little something to put at their place settings at the table but… Josh is 13… he doesn’t want crap.  Drew is 8… he doesn’t want crap…. Benji is almost 3… he will throw crap – that I don’t want to clean up.



4. What is something weird you did as a child? (or even now!)
I used to clean and reorganize the junk drawers when I couldn't find what I want because there was so much junk there.  I would also clean/reorganize my grandmother’s pantry and bathroom cabinets.  Sometimes I got paid.  Sometimes we just went to Braum’s for an ice cream.  Just an example of how my perfectionist anal-retentive OCD started at a very early age.  I like things to be precise, perfect, exact.  Always have.  My standards are very high... sometimes to my own detriment.  It is what it is.
 

5. What makes you love your husband, really LOVE him, you know since Valentines is coming up?  
He makes me laugh.  He admits when he is wrong (we won’t go into how often that is…)  He is a good father and provider for our family.  He eats whatever is put before him without complaint.  He knows better than to argue with me.

1 comment:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh man if Rick would not b so picky. He drives me bonkers.

What is up with the crazy prices for vday. Ugh