Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2006

Buh buh buh

It's not me humming the tune to my favorite song... it's not how my car sputters down the road... this is one of Drew's favorite movies... the Incredibles. He's got the syllables down... just not much else. So it's buh buh buh.

Mr. Incredible has a line in there that I just love -- and feel like much of the time. It's dialogue between Mr. and Mrs. Incredible after he gets busted coming home late with rubble on his clothes -- a little workout he says (he knocked down a building) and she's furious because they're supposed to be living on the down low... and she says: ... I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation. To which he replies, "It's not a graduation. He's moving from the fourth grade to the fifth grade." And she retorts, "It's a ceremony!"

and his reply is just genius!!!

"It's psychotic! They keep creating new ways to celebrate mediocrity..."

That is so true...

Just wanted to share! Wonder what superpowers I'd want if I could be a superhero...

read minds (probably be pissed off at everyone all the time huh?)

fly (couldn't ever wear a skirt again)

become invisible (that could be interesting -- only if you could be ghostlike then and go in and out of walls and stuff)

be stretchy (help with childbirth - no stretchmarks either! LOL)

No comments: