Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

WOW can I spend money?!

It's crazy how fast little things add up... $160 for a birthday party here, $80 to reactivate your gym membership there, $400 in supplies here, $40 for business cards there... and it's been regurgitated to me a lot lately "you have to spend money to make money" and I'm well aware of that but darnit if I'm not just cheap. I mean, I adore quality and craftsmanship... but man... I guess I'm a Wal-Mart girl when it comes to a lot and since I really haven't "done" a lot for myself... hell, I JUST got a haircut for the first time in almost two years just recently... so for me to have the splurge of the year this past weekend... man did I ever... classes, shopping, and scrapping -- Oh MY! :) I feel beyond pampered and utterly spoiled... but hey... I deserve it right? Sure I do! I rock! Ha! lol...

I think I've made a very hard decision lately... but next year, I do not think that I will be going back to teach AWANA at Irving Bible Church. Logistically, it's just a nightmare to get there in time... ups and downs with Drew / care for the boys... etc. So I think I'm just going to pray about it but as it stands now, I really do feel like it's the best choice all around. I love LOVE my church though so the thought of NOT being involved in the AWANA program -- or anything -- is really just like a divorce almost for me.. it's painful... and it's unwanted...but it's just hard to make it happen. I think entertaining the idea of a church home closer "to" home.. is more logistically sound and that way the boys can foster some relationships with children that actually LIVE around here. We'll see, but right now I'm just giving it to God.

I've already started my volunteering campaign for this year. :) Landy, the MOPS Coordinator for Anchor Church called me today and asked me to be a table leader! I'm so excited. I LOVED my MOPS group there... loved the ladies, loved the program... loved it SO much that I didn't even enroll Drew in preschool 3 days a week for the upcoming year -- I only enrolled him in two JUST so we COULD go to MOPS! :) And when she called and asked me to lead a table... I couldn't have been happier!

I'm also going to be more active in the Pack administration for Josh's Cub Scout Troop. :) I really enjoy being a Den Leader... love my boys... each one of them is so special and unique...watching them learn and grow. It's been so rewarding for me... and I want to give back to them too! :)

OH... the other big news... I got the two dates on my CTMH calendar for workshops! :) Woo hoo... just gotta get the ball rolling and ka-chow... pretty soon, I'll be decorating my retreat! :)

OK.. it's nearly midnight, i've had WAY to much caffiene today, not enough food, my legs are tired from the pool and I think the Ambien is telling me that I'm about to start writing things that are both illegible and unintelligible :) is that a word?

So, for now, toodles and g/n!

No comments: