Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm renewed!

No, this isn't some spiritual post about my life being turned around because of some miracle... it just means that TODAY I chose to visit the DPS (Dept. of Public Safety) and obtain my driver's license. :) For some odd reason, I wasn't able to renew it online. Generally, there is about an hour wait. You stand in line to obtain the application, your line ticket, organ donor card and instruction. Then you stand in line to have a "desk" space in order to fill out the application. Then you sit in their uncomfortable, hard, plastic chairs for an hour until your number is called. Once that is called, then you get to stand in line for 20 minutes. It's LOADS of fun.

Today, however, must have been my lucky day. I was in and out in ten minutes. TEN MINUTES! Someone was thinking of my sanity! :) Thank you! :)

I opted for all black... black leather jacket, black turtleneck and I pulled my hair back like a librarian. I should have worn my spectacles as well, but alas, I didn't think about that fashion statement. :) Ha ha...

TEN MINTUTES! I rewarded myself with a diet coke and Chick Fil A. :) And, speaking of Chick Fil A. Please pray for my friend Danny. He owns the Chick Fil A in Watauga... had a heart attack. Please pray for his family, he's a fellow Scouter and just an all-around great guy! God speed his recovery!

What else has already happened today? Josh called. He was bored. Apparently, his dad is at work... his new baby brother (born 12/19) is sleeping... his step mother is sleeping... his little sister is at preschool and the tv just died. So he calls me to complain that he's bored. I said, "read a book." It's my common response to boredom. Ha ha...doesn't work too well. He sounds like he misses home (well, he doesn't SOUND like it -- he SAID it.) But he didn't want to call his dad while he's at work to ask how to FIX the tv and didn't want to wake his step mom so he's left to his own devices. Poor guy. I can't say I ever sleep when my children are awake. :(

BUT...both boys are gone... I'm here with the dogs. Thor had to go to the doctor yesterday... he's not got a happy urinary tract apparently (blood tests came back this morning) and so he's on amoxicillian. Hopefully it will help. Can't deal with anything else being jacked up because of him.

I stopped by Sherwin Williams on the way back and think I am ready to paint! WOO HOO!! The color I'd picked out is called Restrained Gold -- I know two people that have it but looking at it up close, it looks a little more olive-ish than I really want so I'm thinking of going to go with a color called Golden Fleece. :) I hate making decisions. :)

I'm going to work on just having a GREAT DAY today! A FREEBIE DAY! WOO HOO


No comments: