Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

5 Question Friday


1. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
I find it funny to say that it's a deserted island but you're bringing five people because then it will no longer BE deserted... but anyway.

5 books:  A book of collections of Hemmingway for the soul, a book of the works of Twain for the entertainment, writings of Freud and Einstein as well as the Boy Scout Handbook (hey, you have to be prepared!).  Truthfully, if an ENTIRE set of encyclopedias could be ONE book, put me down for that over Freud.  

5 movies:  Amazing a deserted island with electricity to watch movies.  Hmmmm... what a concept.  Open Range, Dumb & Dumber, Reality Bites, Gladiator, While You Were Sleeping

5 people:  My hunka hunka burnin love, my three boys and probably a girl pal like April or Tamara or my cousin Laura because there needs to be at least one more dose of estrogen to balance things out.

5 foods:  Is this as in SPECIFIC foods or just food groups or ??? Questions such as this leave me quite vexed.  I'll cheat and say one group:  veggies -- those are easy to seed and replant.  Earl Grey tea.  Ken's Raspberry Walnut vinaigrette.  Tortilla chips and guacamole.  Gots ta have my guacamole!  

2. What is your thought on year round school?  Personally I love the idea of year-round school with longer breaks.  I think it makes much more sense and can help move our country up to the forefront as far as international educational standards since we are so severely lacking.  

3. What is your most embarrassing potty story? (Can't be one of your kids' potty stories either!) Hee Hee! This cracks me up and stems from a HILARIOUS twitter conversation...
When you have to go, you have to go... and I had to go when I was in Target... with a toddler in tow.  We walked to the restroom and I made my way to the handicapped stall.  The only thing I hate about this one is that the toilets seem to be so much taller than your average toilet but that's neither here no there.  As I mentioned, Benji was with me.  I unbutton, unzip and strike the "hover" pose (don't laugh, you all do it!) and he tells me to "sit down."  I tell him, "Shhhh..." He proceeds to YELL at me to "SIT DOWN"  and then subsequently walks over to me and pushes me on top of the head to then try to push me BACK onto the seat.  (I should probably mention that I have a COMPLETE and total aversion to public restrooms.  I'm a germaphobe and they totally gross me out -- even if they are clean.)  I threaten him under my breath with everything that is good and holy as I hover with my left elbow on my left knee and my right hand firmly holding his hands down.  He wasn't happy and was just about to throw himself onto the floor for a full blown tantrum when I stood up.  The toilet was self flushing and it flushed and scared the bejeebies out of him.  He was SCREAMING (it was quite a loud and powerful flush).  Good times...good times...

4. What's the temperature where you are?
It's a comfortable 59 degrees outside here in Keller, TX.

5. Are you a winter/spring/fall/summer person?  I loathe summer.  Spring I can take or leave.  I think I'm more of a fall person though I do love the winter.  

3 comments:

The Bipolar Diva said...

I think October is the perfect Texas month....no thunderstorms, which means no tornadoes, no ice storms, no humidity...Keller is just a hop, skip and a jump from where I go when I visit home. I grew up in arlington!

Cheri said...

I think I might be a fall person, if only we had more leaf changing going on around here. As it is, it's just cooling off and starting to get sort of ugly.

And I wanted to claim an entire set of encyclopedias, but I just left it as one. But you can't be stranded too long without needing to look up something, right?

Lauren Chestnutt Coburn said...

Fall is my favorite as well! :o)