Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday 9

It's time again for Saturday 9.

Saturday 9: Brand New Me

1) It's a brand new year! Do you have any resolutions for 2013?
Absolutely not.  I don't make them.  

2) Dusty Springfield sang of feeling "brand new." What leaves you feeling refreshed and/or rejuvenated?  
A great workout leaves me rejuvenated... as does a good run...  Refreshed -- that's a no brainer... a good sleep or a hot shower... 

3) Dusty's given name was Mary Catherine. If you could give yourself a brand new first name, what would it be?
I wouldn't do that.  I've been 40 years as April.  If I changed it now, I'd never know who people were yelling if they called me by something different.

4) Actor Billy Bob Thornton has dismissed antiques, saying, "I'm creeped out by old stuff." Do you ever shop at estate sales, yard sales or second-hand stores? Or do you want everything brand new?
I think some things should never be purchased used.... First and foremost -- mattresses.  NEVER EVER EVER buy a used mattress.  That is just absolutely freaking disgusting!  Other things I couldn't contemplate buying used:  shoes, under garments, hair brushes, make-up or bathing suits.  Or, the obvious -- tooth brushes.  

However, other items... does anyone really care about plates, dishes, clothing (that can be washed), etc.? I wouldn't... and don't.

5) Are you sad to see the holiday decorations slowly disappear until next year? Or do you think they should come down on January 2?
Truthfully, I'd take them down 12/26 if it wasn't such an issue.  I like it done and gone.  I'm generally going to or from the airport on that day so it puts a damper on a day of packing when most of it is spent at an airport.  If it makes anyone feel better, I've been sick the last few days and thus it is all still sitting in my foyer.  And, I'm sick of it.

6) Do you like the picture on your photo ID?
Nope, I look like a bitchy librarian.

7) Crazy Sam shudders at the very thought of a snake. Which is your least favorite member of the Animal Kingdom?
I honestly have no problem with most any creature on the planet.  They all serve their purpose and I have a healthy respect for them and nature.  I will be completely honest, however, and get quite specific for you ... and say that I'm not a big fan of ANYTHING that flies and stings so it would definitely have to be something along the line of bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and the like.  More specifically, anything from the Insecta Class in the Taxonomy scale.  I hate them.  They make me freak out.  I will scream... run... arms flailing if I hear them within a six foot radius of my person.  You see that is entirely too close and I will move immediately -- if not sooner.  They have their purpose, but as far as I'm concerned, they all should die.

8) What's the most recent magazine you flipped through?
Backpacker

9) Do you have nice handwriting?
Yes.  I do, thank you for asking.

No comments: