Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday 9 - We Owned The Night

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


1) Can you recall a time when you danced and romanced like you "owned the night?"
Absolutely!!  In my younger days, we would shut the clubs down... only leaving the dance floor for refreshment and potty breaks.  However, I feel the need to clarify that THIS (pictured below) is NOT dancing in any way, shape or form.  

2) Samantha Winters admits she earned the name "Crazy Sam" during her party girl days in the 1980s. But now she's in bed by 11:00 PM. Do you have a regular bedtime?  
Not really.  Ideally, I'd like to be ASLEEP by 9:30 but that rarely happens.  I'm getting better, however.  I'm a work in progress.  I need to just SHUT OFF everything and relax.  I just can't turn my brain off.  If I'm engaged in a project, I want to take advantage of the "me" time and actually get something done.  However, I need to just GO TO BED!  The photo is crass, but it's quite appropriate given my level of self-control for going to bed.

3) Lady Antebellum is one of the most popular acts in country music. Do you often listen to country music?  
I do.  I'm a native Texan.  I think it is, perhaps, a prerequisite of being born here (for at least at SOME point in your life) to be a fan of country music.  In fact, I'm going this weekend to see Mr. Country Music himself!

4) Are you responding to this meme on a desktop or laptop or phone or tablet?
Desktop with an ergo keyboard.  I love the ergo keyboard!  Though I do have a laptop and that is generally where I work.  I don't blog from my phone.  I hate typing on the tiny screen.  I don't own a tablet... yet.

5) How often do you check your horoscope?  
That would be...never.


6) Congratulations! You just won a trip to Switzerland! Is your passport up to date?
I don't own one so I suppose that would be... YES, it's up to date.  

7) Do you know how to snow ski?
Absolutely.  I am far from being proficient, however, I love a relaxing green and enjoy a good blue.

8) What's the first beverage you drink in the morning?
Water.

9) Are you a good speller?
Absofrigginlutely!  A good vocabulary is wasted if one is incapable of being able to proficiently recall not only the word meanings to ensure their proper usage, but also how to accurately spell them so one doesn't appear a dolt.  After all, the bigger your vocabulary -- the bigger your dictionary.  And, a big dictionary, is quite a sexy thing to have.

No comments: