Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blessings....

On days that are trying (like today) it's easy to overlook the many blessings you have.

I have the blessing of watching Ben's amazement as I pour water out of a cup and let him try to catch it in his hand.

I have the blessing of watching him get excited and kick his feet and wave his arms and hands and have his feet wind up with one atop the other waiting for my next move which sends him back into this little fit of excitement.

I have the ultimate blessing of waking up next to the cutest baby on the planet... feeling him roll next to me to cuddle and snuggle. Drew's already 6; I know how fast they grow up and DON'T want to snuggle any longer.

I have the blessing of having an 11 year old who longs to please me... and how I can see the disappointment in his eyes when he knows he lets me down. Why is that a blessing? Because he wants to try to do better.

I have the blessing of watching Josh develop new friendships.

I have the blessing of listening to Drew sing bible songs in the backseat of the car instead of wanting to watch television. That does my heart good.

I have the joy of knowing that my boys... are mine. All mine. Forever and ever and ever.

3 comments:

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Those cute snuggly baby days are a blessing. Good for you enjoying every moment with all 3 of your boys!

chksngr said...

AMEN!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Sometimes it is nice to reflect! I need to do that more often, helps for this moments that aren't so sweet.