Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Rock 'n Roll Fridays - Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson


And we're back with Rock N Roll Fridays! I LOVE music and, well, I LOVE memes! Put them together and you've got perfection in my book! So... here's the info... rock on!

Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked A Halloween Treat: Alice Cooper & Marilyn Manson. The song's lyrics are in bold.

ALICE COOPER :

1. SCHOOL’S OUT : “School’s out for summer. School’s out forever…”
What was your best summer vacation memory as a child? Wow, that's a tough question seeing that my memory really sucks past... oh... 10 years back. I don't really have a vacation memory that is specific... I just remember the summer nights spent playing freeze tag and hide-and-seek in the neighborhood. Days waiting for the ice cream truck outside our house. Riding flying turtles down the driveway. Riding my bicycle to Lori's house. Having sleepovers with Shannon. Just generic (yet, very special) memories of summer itself, nothing specific, however.

2. BILLION DOLLAR BABIES : “Billion dollar baby, I got you in a dimestore
No other little girl could ever Hold you any tighter, any tighter than me baby

What was the last thing you remember buying in a dimestore? Candy. I had a serious sweet tooth--and the cavities to prove it.

3. WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE : “Welcome to my breakdown,
I hope I didn't scare you. That's just the way we are, When you come down!
We sweat laugh and scream here, Cause laugh is just a dream here…”
Can you tell us about a nightmare you have had recently? I can generally remember them when I wake up but who wants to focus on remembering bad things? But yes, I generally have them ... gosh, at least once a week and it's usually involving my children. Ugh! Who would WANT to remember that? I'm living a nightmare right now, however, with the situation with my mother-in-law.

4. ELECTED : “We're gonna win this one, take the country by storm
We're gonna be elected, You and me together, young and strong”
Democrats, Republicans or Tea Party? Who will sweep the elections? Hopefully the Tea Party so that the conservative-minded, small-government seeking individuals will be elected.

5. NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY : “My dog bit me on the leg today
My cat clawed my eye, Mom's been thrown out of the social circles, And dad has to hide…”
Have you ever done something that embarrassed your family? Hasn't everyone? For real...being a kid is all about doing stupid crap that embarrasses your family.

6. SICK THINGS : “Sick things, in cars, rotate round. My stars. Sick things. Pretty things…”
Have you ever been motion sick? Was it in a car, on a plane, or on a boat? I have felt nauseated due to motion but never actually got "sick" because of it. Typically it's in a car -- I can't read in cars. I get severe headaches. I was sick on my honeymoon when we went on an ocean cruise on a catamaran (I think)... but I was already ill. So, having an already sick stomach and then going on a boat wasn't the smartest thing to do.

7. I LOVE THE DEAD : “I love the dead before they’re cold, their blueing flesh for me to hold. Cadaver eyes upon me see nothing. I love the dead before they rise, No farewells, no goodbyes…”
What celebrity death really bothered you? None of them. I don't personally know these people... they're just personalities created by the media. As such, I'm not going to attach feelings to something that isn't "real."

8. SCIENCE FICTION : “Forever I’ll enjoy your under-achievement, I gonna see you every day now if I can, Why then don't the night show really matters, I still wake on the fields of regret”
What is your favorite science fiction movie? Science fiction... hands down -- Lord of the Rings. But, is that Science Fiction? Or is that just fiction? Star Wars? Heck? What IS Science Fiction... I liked the movie Stargate and I like, too, the movie with Bruce Willis where he's guarding Mila Jovavich (though the name escapes me right now). I even liked Minority Report with the freak-of-nature Tom Cruise.

MARILYN MANSON :

9. WHITE KNUCKLES : Fistfuls of you… You pulled me through with white knuckles… Fistfuls of you”
Has someone ever grabbed you to save you from a dangerous situation? Not that I'm aware of.

10. THIS IS HALLOWEEN : “I am the clown with the tear-away face. Here in a flash and gone without a trace. I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair. I am the shadow on the moon at night. Filling your dreams to the brim with fright”
What is the oddest thing you ever did on Halloween? I should say that dressing up and going door to door begging for candy is pretty odd if you think about it. Otherwise, I've done nothing. My parents were police officers. There was no misbehavin'.

11. THE WOW : “I’m worse than what you think you’d catch from me. Complicated’s understated. Did you stop and take a look at who you fell in love with?”
Have you ever been through a divorce? Yes.

12. THE FOOD PYRAMID : “Everybody! My body is a pyramid that's made of healthy food so do what we say (yeah) eat right every day (food) I love you.”
What does your food pyramid look like? I'll say that it looks pretty close to the ideal pyramid. Yeah, I need to mix in a few more salads--who doesn't.

13. THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE : “Hey you, what do you see?
Something beautiful, something free? Hey you, why you trying to be mean?
You live with apes man, it's hard to be clean”
What makes a person beautiful? Lots of qualities make a person beautiful... loyalty, authenticity, generosity, compassion, love, understanding...

No comments: