Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Twenty Six Days of Thankfulness - Day 4 - D

Today's list is for items I'm thankful for that begin with the letter "D"....

How appropriate that it's D since I'm NOT thankful for a particular DOG right now!!!!! Grrrr

  • Drew - coz he's such a fun little guy
  • Den 9 - my Cub Scout Den.
  • Dependability - it's such an admirable quality that most do not possess. Most people will only do something for others, it seems, if there's something in it for them. It's so hard to just do something nice... just because. Those friends that actually do -- treasure them because they're more rare than diamonds!
  • Donuts - just coz they're so yummy.... not that I actually ever eat them (anymore)
  • Dancing - it's so much fun when you have a great partner. I haven't been dancing in years unfortunately. :(
  • Decorators - because I suck at it....so I always need their input.
  • Dad - coz my dad is THE best, hands down!
  • Doctors - because they make my babies better when they're sick
  • Dishwashers - because we go through a LOT of dishes and I wouldn't want to wash them all by hand
  • Durability - because everything made in CHINA doesn't freakin LAST!
  • Diamonds -- sigh. I really miss mine....
  • Determination - another quality that one must possess in order to accomplish anything. It's an admirable character trait that we should all seek to have.
  • Delivery! Sometimes we all need someone to deliver food to us busy moms!
  • Disney World - it's the happiest place on earth! I do belive this.
  • Debit cards - because paying with cash is KING!
  • Deciduous trees - because without them we wouldn't have the AMAZING fall color
  • Ducatis - because all other motorcycles are quite inferior. They're sexy.
  • Disappointment - if we got everything we wanted and weren't ever disappointed, how would we ever learn to cope.... even disappointment is a blessing to be thankful for because it means you're not only living but learning.
  • Dr. Seuss - how can you NOT be thankful for such a genius?
  • Devil's advocates - because I am one...and they make you think. :)
  • The Discovery Channel - because they have cool shows!
  • Do-it-yourselfers - because they inspire me to pick up power tools and create stuff
  • singers like Dierks Bentley, Dwight Yoakum, Daughtry, Don Williams
  • bands like Def Leppard and Depeche Mode,
  • movies like Dracula, Dumb and Dumber, Dangerous Liaisons, Die Hard, Dirty Dancing, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

No comments: