Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Twenty Six Days of Thankfulness - Day 8

Today's letter is H. I'm thankful for:

  • Headphones - primarily because I don't want to listen to half the crap I know other people are listening to, too.
  • Hair - I'd be ugly as a bald chick
  • "Horked off" - it's one of my favorite terms. I'm thankful that I have a sense of humor about me enough to make up words like this instead of dropping "f" bombs in front of my children.
  • Hammock - I love having a hammock to lay upon when it's slightly chilly enough for a blanket... and a good book to keep me company
  • Humanity - I wish more people would exhibit this quality
  • Happiness - it's way under-rated
  • Hats - not just any hats will do but I do love hats -- in the winter! (Baseball caps the rest of the time)
  • Holidays - you get to gather together with those you love -- what's not to love?
  • Horses - they're strong, beautiful and amazing creatures.
  • Hummingbirds - they are small little wonders that are a delight to watch
  • My Home - I complain about it a lot because it's got so many stupid, annoying characteristics but it's mine... and they're fixable... but I'm still thankful for it
  • Honor - it's something that few people deserve yet so many claim
  • Heffalumps - if you don't have children, you just won't get this one. :) Drew had to have three (one for the car, one for school, one for home) and that was good so that if one was left behind, we had spares to snuggle with!
  • Hot chocolate - it's da bomb when its chilly outside!
  • Hot air balloons - there is a festival in Colorado Springs that is just the most amazing sight to behold. I can't wait to go back.
  • Hiking - it's so fun to be able to leave it all behind and get out and be with nature
  • Honey - it's best in a glass of hot tea OR on a steamy, hot biscuit
  • HGTV - love this channel. It makes me happy.
  • Hippos - because they're huge, they're fat, they look happy but you don't want to mess with them!
  • Hummers - They're so awesome looking. I've always wanted to drive one. The gas mileage isn't practical but man...they're SO COOL!
  • Honeycomb cereal - one of my favorites!
  • Artists like Merle Haggard are always a welcome sound to my ear...
  • The album "Hysteria" by Def Leppard! Good one!
  • As are songs like "Hanging By A Moment," "Here Without You," "Heartbreak Hotel," "Here I Go Again," and "Hella Good"
  • Movies like Harry Potter, Housesitter, Homeward Bound, Hamlet, Honeymoon in Vegas, Happy Gilmore, Hope Floats and Hotel for Dogs.

No comments: