Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Out of the mouth of babes...

Overheard in my house last night as I walked out of my room dressed to go to my father-in-law's induction into the Birdville ISD's Hall of Fame...




Drew:  "Is that all you're going to wear?"

Me:  [stare of death]

Me:  [look over to Andy with a WTF look on my face]

Andy:  [laughing]

Drew:  "WHAT?"

Andy:  "What else do you EXPECT her to wear?"



This is me and my father-in-law, Ed Driggers. 

============================================


This morning I caught Drew flipping through a Macy's catalog as he was having his French toast and bacon.  Josh, of course, being the sarcasm spewing teen that he is mouthed off -- I quickly retorted on Drew's behalf.  Josh left the room.  I asked Drew what he was looking for.  He decided that I needed a new blender for Christmas and he was going to pick one out for me.

This is apparently what I need...because it's NEAT and has its own cups and that way we won't dirty up other ones to make smoothies.  

1 comment:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

LOL...you looked great! Love that dress. I want a blender like...pretty cool, but I told my husband (in an 8 page email to never ever buy me another electronic gadget for a present again...hee hee...I am so sweet) I would take this and a Kitchen Aid mixer in red tough!! Teenagers are fun, right? I sub for high school and junior high! I know exactly what you mean!
Karen