Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Same Old Lang Syne
1) This week's song is the tale of an accidental holiday encounter between former lovers. (Hear it here.) They sit in her car and spend hours catching up, then she gives him a chaste kiss and they never see one another again. Is there a past love who still has a special spot in your heart, despite the years or the miles since your relationship? I think any past love would have a special place in one's heart because to deny that you loved someone makes you quite a jerk. So, yes, there are past loves that hold special places in my heart. That doesn't mean, however, that I am still in love with them. I just remember them fondly.
2) This week's song includes a play on the traditional Scottish song, "Auld Lang Syne." Have you ever visited Scotland? No, but I would love to someday. I love the way the accent. I have a thing for accents.. plus, it's beautiful!
3) Mother Winters has long told Sam that if she has a glass of water for every glass of champagne she drinks on New Year's Eve, she'll feel better on New Year's Day. Do you have a favorite hangover prevention tip or cure? Yes, don't drink to excess. DUH!
4) Do you like champagne? No.
5) This year at midnight, Crazy Sam will kiss the nose of her puppy, Chico. Will you be kissing anyone when the clock strikes 12? Ideally, I will be asleep... so whomever is lurking in my dreams will have to kiss me.
6) The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy was the runaway publishing phenomenon of 2012. It was so successful that the publisher, Random House, was able to give its employees massive bonuses this year. Have you read it? I started the first book but didn't finish it.
7) Year-end is a time for newspapers, magazines and websites to run lists. According to Askmen.com, Jennifer Lawrence of The Hunger Games is the at the of the year's "Most Desirable Woman" list. People magazine has declared Channing Tatum "The Sexiest Man Alive -- 2012." Do either of these two set your pulse racing? If not, who is your celebrity crush? No, neither do. I actually had to look up Channing Tatum as I had never heard of him. Who is my celebrity crush? Hmmm.... that's tough. I don't really have a thing for celebrities. Coveting something you will never have is not really my thing. That being said, Leonardo DiCaprio is easy on the eyes... as is Viggo Mortenson...but only as Aragorn (Lord of the Rings) sexy Viggo. Otherwise, I have no use for the guy. ;)
8) Pasadena, California, is known for hosting the traditional Rose Parade. It begins at 8:00 AM on January 1, so the people who watch it live must be there very early. Does the thought of getting up and dressed to sit in the California sun, bright and early on New Year's morning appeal, to you? Nope, I'd rather be up bright and early, stoking a campfire and watching a sunrise on a mountainside or a lake after a night of camping. That appeals to me.
9) Sometimes aches and pains that aren't serious can still really hurt. For example, Sam just dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot and the little red mark it left is making her crazy! Are you suffering through a bump or bruise or cut right now? Yes, extremely dry hands from washing them a gazillion times in this bitter cold. I need to moisturize! this is the best remedy!