Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Stealing: The Deleted Meme

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!!!

Today we ripped off a blogger named Javier from the blog Our Page. Bud left it for us in the event that I got desperate, I cashed in this weekend... but alas, the blog has been deleted.... So... But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Who is your favorite artist (Any field.):  I'm rather boring in that I don't like to play favorites.  I don't have a favorite of much of anything -- color, number, song, movie, book, artist, play, etc.  Though I do tend to have a favorite CHILD (at any one given time) but that's only because out of the three I can generally feel that ONE is doing what he is supposed to -- which makes HIM my favorite.)  Otherwise, providing  favorites for ANYTHING proves to be quite a difficult task for me.


Describe yourself:  I'm 5'2"... medium length brown hair... blue eyes... I have an AWESOME "moon tan."  I like to work out.  I love to cook, read, take photographs.  I'm a mom, a wife, a friend, a daughter, a sister, a cook, a maid, a chauffeur.... I give everyone one "gimme" and then after that... I will go off on your ass and put you in your place.  I am SO not above going all Dixie Carter on someone!  I'm addicted to my computer, Facebook and my iPhone.  I hate to shop.  I hate fashion.  I hate maintenance.  I love animals and nature and could easily be considered a "tree hugger" insofar as my love of being "green."  I AM a realist and realize, however, that in this day and age, it's not always possible when you're a busy mom of three.  I can typically be found wearing Reef flip flops, a flannel shirt, jeans and a baseball cap.  I'm a simple kinda girl.

How do you feel today:  I'm recovering.  I've had a head cold which made the weekend rather YUCK.  



Describe the area where you currently live.  I live in suburbia hell.  If you sit in the water closet in my bathroom and do not shut the door, my neighbor could easily look in through the window if she were walking up her stairs.  That is to close.  (I did put a opaque film upon the window to prevent that from happening.... just using that as an illustration to show that THAT is entirely too close to live to someone.)




If you could go anywhere, where would you go?  Estes Park, Colorado.

Your favorite form of transportation:  My feet.  Though I would love a Jeep Wrangler or a big ole Suburban XL.


Your best friend is:  Lola... my Boston terrier.  She loves me.  Consoles me.  Snuggles with me and doesn't tell me my butt looks fat in anything I wear.  

You and your best friends are:  a fun bunch of people to hang with!

What's the weather like:  It's about 45 degrees F supposed to warm up to 68 today.

Favorite time of day:  I love mornings.  It's quiet in the house.  The sun slowly breaks over the horizon filling the sky with a pinkish-orange glow.... and then BAM... it's a beautiful way to wake up.  

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called: It wouldn't.  My life is far too boring to be a TV show.  I dislike drama.  

What is life to you:  Finding your niche and making your mark.  Seeking happiness.  Continually challenging yourself.  Thinking outside the box.  Never settling.  If you choose to breed, to then become the best parent you can enabling your offspring to make good, conscience, grounded, responsible decisions.  

Your relationship:  Is that a question?  Which one?  I have many.  

Your fear:  today it's not getting the reindeer brownies made in time for Drew's party.  Ha!  I don't have many.  I think the only fear that I have is something happening to me before my children are grown... I want to be there for them... sports, dates, tests, challenges, failures, etc.  Plus, you know, I want them to actually eat a home cooked meal!

What is the best advice you have to give:  Wow, that's some pressure right there.  One that I follow to this day is to "Choose your words carefully and make them sweet, for one day you may have to eat them."  I am not one to spew forth derogatory statements for the purpose of breaking someone's character.  I only speak the truth -- even in anger or frustration -- because I believe -- even in those moments -- our job is to build one another up, not break them down.  However, sometimes the greatest gift you CAN give someone is to hold up a mirror before them so they can truly see it as you do.  

When said mirror IS held up, mind you, the delivery has been known to be less than sweet. I tend to go a little Dixie Carter on people when I've had enough.  I don't see that as a bad thing, however.  Just a direct approach.

Thought for the Day:  Just breathe.  This, too, shall pass.



How would you categorize your soul's present condition:  Do I have one?  Didn't CS Lewis said that you do not have a soul? I think he said that you ARE a soul and that you HAVE a body?

1 comment:

katie eggeman said...

I like your soul answer, I will remember that next time someone asks me about my soul. Dixie Carter had a great attitude.