Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday 6

Saturday6Logo11
1. What was your biggest accomplishment in school?
It would probably be just maintaining a 4.0 GPA.  

2. Have you ever won a ribbon for any event or competition, and if so, what was it for?
I'm sure I have but I don't hold onto things like that... so I wouldn't have a clue.  

3. Have you ever been awarded a trophy for anything, and if so, what was it for?
Yes, academics... no, I didn't keep it.  

4. What award do you feel you’d be the last person to ever win?
Most likely to bite her tongue... The older I get the shorter my fuse for bullshit and stupidity.  

5. Do you think it’s truly more important just to be nominated for an award, or more important to win one?
Awards really don't mean much to me... if you are doing what you love... who cares what anyone really thinks of it.  Sure it's nice to realize that you're appreciated but you shouldn't do what you love FOR the possibility of award and/or accolades.  

6. A question from a decades-long grade school debate: Do you believe that everyone who participates in a competition should win something just for participating?
I think that it depends on the age.... under the age of 8... sure... kids are easy to entertain... they don't GRASP the concept of competition much at that age.  Over that age, no, let them understand that rewards come to those who work for them... that they're not a "gimme."

1 comment:

christina.owens17 said...

haha #4. I'm right there with ya! I think that I was born without a filter and speak first then think. It gets me in trouble sometimes, but I find that people really appreciate me as the "person who says what everyone else is thinking" :)