Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday 9



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Mama Told Me (Not to Come)

1) This song is about a lad who didn't take his mother's advice and attended the wild party anyway. When you were young, did your parents approve of your friends? If you're a parent yourself, how have you handled it when your kids start hanging around with friends you're not crazy about?
Luckily my mom has always been an excellent judge of character.  She called it like she saw it with anyone and everyone and never held back telling me if she thought someone was no good.  Apparently, I'm a fairly good judge of character, too, and there were less than three times I can recall her saying that about MY friends.  My sister's friends -- that's another story.  My eldest son has some great friends.  Only one (who apparently is a kleptomaniac and will not be allowed in my home again) gives me cause for concern...but his best friend, Brendan, is like my fourth kid when he's here... just a part of our family and we love him like our own.  Josh has a good judge of character, too, apparently.  I'll assume he gets it from me.  Let's just hope that none of his friends are EVER worthy of THIS...

2) A 2010 poll named Marge Simpson of The Simpsons the most popular TV mom of all time. Who is your favorite TV (or movie) mother?  Who could say Mrs. C wasn't the best mom around?  (That'd be Marion Cunningham for you younger folk who weren't given the PRIVILEGE to fall in love with The Fonz!)  Or June Cleaver from Leave It To Beaver?  Classic, wonderful, loving, sweet-natured, nurturing moms.  Clair Huxtable from The Cosby Show... she was just awesome!  I'd take any of those three.

3) Crazy Sam's mother is a big fan of The National Enquirer. As she likes to say, "They were right about John Edwards!" Do you read the tabloids? Cast a guilty glance at them when you're in line at the store? Or ignore them altogether?
I don't read them but if I'm standing in line I will peruse the cover but nothing more.

4) Mother Winters always gave Sam peppermint tea to calm her stomach. Do you have any tried-and-true home remedies to share?
Tried and true home remedies... apparently not.  "Go to sleep" seems to cure it all.

5) Thinking of guts ... When making decisions, do you tend to consider all the options carefully or do you "go with your gut"?
I go with my gut after evaluation of all possible outcomes and sometimes seeking peer review of the situation.

6) Spring is here! Do you have a green thumb?
...only if I dip it in paint.  

7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet?
No.  But I don't have much to put away... just one bin of sweaters.

8) After you lather and rinse, do you repeat?
It depends on what I've done.  If I have a lot of product or hairspray in my hair, yes.  If it's just sweat, no.

9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away Hershey bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?
Dark chocolate please.  Thank you.

3 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I'm with you on weighing things out and going with your gut

The Gal Herself said...

Oprah had a cocaine relapse? I'm sorry. You distracted me with all those juicy tabloid covers.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Chocolate ... oh wait I'm sorry there was more there but I got distracted. I haven't had sugar in 8 months ... I'm like a dog chasing a squirrel here.