Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday 9



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Memorial Day was introduced to honor the men and women who died while serving the in the United States Armed Forces. We want to make sure that message is not forgotten this weekend.

1) This recording was made live at St. Patrick's Cathedral, during Sen. Robert Kennedy's funeral. While both of Bobby's older brothers were decorated war heroes, he served too -- enlisting in the Navy in 1943. Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.)
No, I'm not.  I would never make it through boot camp.  If some power-hungry little dolt got in my face yelling, I'd not be able to hold my tongue.  Not out of disrespect, but that kind of crap doesn't motivate me.  It doesn't break me either.  It just pisses me off.  Besides, I don't look real good in green... or tan.  

My Uncle Norman is a vet.  Both my grandfathers served in the Army during WWII.  My great Uncle Henry was in the Navy (I think) and served in two wars.  I know the Korean War, specifically.  My great Uncle Leonard served in the Army as well.  I'm not certain what incident he served during.  I believe we have some in the Coast Guard in my family as well.  


2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food?
Probably some sort of fruit... like ice cold watermelon.  

3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
What an odd question... I realize that the sense of smell is supposed to be the most closely tied to memory, but I can't think of a scent that reminds me of a person that is special in my life ... right now.  I remember Loreal Color Vive shampoo reminds me of Daniel... but that was many MANY moons ago.  I don't really have a scent tied to a person that I can think of other than that one.

4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed?
May 2.  Before that it was over a year and 3 months.  I have tried to tell you people that I'm about as low-maintenance as they come!

5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin'. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee?
I don't drink coffee.  Sorry to disappoint.

6) If money was no object, what home improvement would you like to make this summer?
FLOORS.  I HATE MY MOTHER LOVIN' FLOORS.  I want my wood floors hand scraped and rubbed.  I want tile put down in the playroom and formal dining room.  I want hardwoods put in my bedroom and bedroom closet.  

7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment?
Apparently it's been too long because I have no idea.  

8) When was the last time you rode a bike?
A week or so ago I took Josh's around the cul de sac.  Otherwise, years.

9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you'd like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?
I'm an 80s hair band freak but love lots of genres.  I say you write the meme, you get to pick the song!

No comments: