Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Camping We Will Go

Since our last gradation campout was canceled due to rain, this weekend was the day for us to go for "take two."

I left the house and had to stop by Target for some last minute items, then to make copies of our Sunday Scout's Own service program and then headed on our way to Lake Grapevine for our campout. We got there and started getting camp set up.

I had two gentleman do the shopping (playing Quartermaster) and unfortunately purcahsed way too much food so I had to make a run back to my house about 10:45 p.m. to stick the meat in the freezer so that we could use it at a later date.

The only bad thing about the weekend was we didn't have enough Webelos II show up to cook breakfast so it was left on ONE MAN's shoulders! He did an awesome job! I didn't even eat any. I was too busy looking for a grommet from a flag that we retired. I'm going to put the grommets on a bolo and give it to our two Webelos II scouts that were present for the ceremony.

I wrote a graduation ceremony program, a campfire program and a Scout's Own service for this weekend. I was BIIIII-ZEEEEEE the days preceding this campout let me tell you! That is a TON of work!

Photos to follow.

No comments: