Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Yes, today is my six year wedding anniversary. I came home from the campout and unpacked... then I started some laundry and lay down on the couch and WENT TO SLEEP! I was EXHAUSTED! He went to the gym. I don't even have a clue (or remember) where the boys were. I know they went to their grandmother's (his mom's) for the evening around 5 at which time I got ready and we were going out to dinner.

The plan was to go to JR's in Grapevine -- it's a great place and he knows the owner so it's always good to visit places you know you'll be taken care of. We get there... closed. So we think -- Bob's Chop House down the road. We get there... closed. OK... so how about Silver Fox down the road from there... closed! Is this a bad sign?

So we call to check on the boys... they're doing great... and we head to the Old Hickory Steak House at the Gaylord Texan. OH MY GOSH it was divine!

Most of you know I'm on a "prepared food" diet (Jenny Craig) and I've been doing SO GOOD. I talked to my counselor and she was like -- enjoy your evening. You will have to learn how to work special occasions into your life just do it all in moderation. Once you're "on goal" for something, you have a little angel and a little devil riding on your shoulders full time just to help keep you conscious of what you are putting into your body.

BUT, since it was an anniversary, I indulged!

We started off with an appetizer of lump meat crab cakes with this FANTASTIC chipotle sauce that they were resting on. That was followed by a mozzarella / beefsteak tomato salad covered with fresh basil and balsamic vinegar. YUM! Bring on the Mondavi Cabernet! YUM! Then dinner... I ordered the surf-n-turf. I typically am not one to indulge but you only have one of these events a year and darnit -- I earned it! :) ha ha! I was brought a 6 oz filet mignon and a 1/2 lobster tail that was bigger than THAT! I, of course, ate the lobster first... and only about 1/4 of the steak. The sides were habanero cream corn, asparagus and shitake mushrooms in a wine sauce. I died and went to culinary heaven. It was such a splended meal. Service -- impeccable. They even brought us a creme brulee topped with fresh berries with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate in dark chocolate. Oh such a shame you can't realistically eat like that every day! ha ha! I did enjoy it... Oh...and my weigh in 3 days later (I can tell now since I'm writing this in the past)... I STILL lost almost 2 pounds that week! ha ha!


3 comments:

Mary C. said...

Happy Anniversary! I know what you mean about eating like that all the time. I would love it!
So proud of you for sticking to your plan and congrats that you were able to lose the weight and eat your cake!

chksngr said...

Well...girlie, CONGRATS!!!

I SO wish that I could eat, period, let alone like that...the whole lobster thing sounded GREAT!!!!

Amooretto said...

glad to hear that you still lost after having that shameful dinner...you know I'd be bathing in it! LOL

Happy late anniversary!