Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I earned my beads!

Tonight at the Mustang District's Annual Picnic, my Woodbadge Patrol Leader awarded me my beads! I was proud.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Boy Scouts of America, Woodbadge is a leadership training program. It is the highest level of training you can receive through the Boy Scouts of America. It's an intense, two weekend course jam packed with meetings, team building exercises, leadership style grooming games, and what not. You camp in open air tents the first weekend and then "backpack" in the 2nd weekend and cook as a Patrol having to entertain guests all while on a budget.

I made some great friends in the program and within my patrol. I'm a PROUD BUFFALO!

While we were at the picnic, my Course Director, Fulton Jones, called all the way from Afghanistan to wish me well. He is just an amazing man and I respect him such a great deal for his leadership in this course. The team of staffers he put together (including my lovely Tour Guide) was second to none!

Anyway, so you're looking at a beaded Woodbadger. :) And I'm proud of it! Yea Me!
As you'll see, my contribution to the cookout was a Buffalo Cake! SR-903 is our course number.

...I used to be a Buffalo


No comments: